What would your feelings be in this situtation? adult content

If your son were dating an older woman, he is 20 and she is 28, but there is a catch. They met when he was in high school and she was his teacher when he was 16 and she was 24. You find out later that they did get to be "intimate" during the time he was still in high school, when he was her teachers assistant in a free period. Now your son seems very happy with her now that he is an adult and she is no longer a teacher. Would you still be disturbed over the fact that she did your son when he was only a 16 year old boy and she was a 24 year old woman? Would you turn her over to the police even though it would crush your sons heart?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on May. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think I the only way I would be able to answer that question is if I were in that situation, sorry ... :o(
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 9:45 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think that her behavior is completely perverted, and that would completely turn her off to me. I don't know if I would turn her in this long after the fact as a mother, but as a teacher, I can say that sleeping with a student is completely disgusting behavior...illegal, immoral, and completely unprofessional. A girl I went to high school with dated one of our young teachers when we were in high school and they went on to get married and have children...now I work with him and think he is a complete pervert that preyed on a teenager at one point.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:46 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Hugs..this makes me scare these types of stories to let my kids go to school and instead home school them...i wouldnt turn her in though maybe if it was still back in high school(him-student her-teacher) yes but maybe not now just my opinion you do what your heart tells you to.
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 9:47 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I don't think I would report her. I wouldn't want to break my child's heart, so I'd just let it go. I think this one of those things that you'd have to be going through to know what you'd do. Good luck to you.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:48 PM on May. 28, 2011

• If she's still teaching I would report her. For all you know she's still doing it with kids in her class.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:52 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Doing something about it 4 years after the fact isn't going to change anything, except make things difficult for your son and ruin the relationship he has with the older woman, or at least give them a pretty good hurdle to get past together. Was it right? No. But it should have been taken care of then... but of course, you don't know what you don't know.
    itsmommalori

Answer by itsmommalori at 9:53 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I dont think i would report it, but I would be very uneasy about the history, i really think I would have to be in the situation to know what I would really do, I am sorry your going through this cause its a very tough situation!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:55 PM on May. 28, 2011

• i dont think i would turn her in. I prob would have a talk with them both to see if the relationship is healthy now because she is mature but at 20 he still is not there yet. If they are in love you cant help that it is just too late to take such strong action and your son will resent you for a looong time. Not only that he loves her but the embarrasment!!! can you imagine lol. anyway keep the communication open and make sure hes not going to get his heart broken, if he is so involved from such a young age hes got it bad for her and she could possibly be hitting that age were 20 is just too young for her. Ya know what i mean.
    mskk108

Answer by mskk108 at 10:05 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Good question. I don't think I would do anything at this point other than talking to this woman. I would probably tell her that although I was disapointed and surprised and angry to hear that at the time when she was teaching and he was a minor that she allowed this to happen. Be honest and tell her a part of you was torn over the fact the what she allowed was illegal at the time. Then give her a chance to talk about it as well. It is better to face things head on for all concerned. People aren't perfect. If this was still the time period that he was a minor and she was still teaching, for me it would be time to make a report. More than likely her punishment would be to lose her license and if she is not practicing, there would be nothing to gain. I would test the waters and give her the chance to express remorse ( which hopefully will be the case) Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:07 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I would be very annoyed but seeing that your son is happy, I would let it go. Your son will just get upset with you and he is now an adult.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 10:40 PM on May. 28, 2011