Do you think it wrong of me to flaunt my money??? am I even flaunting it?

I don't know if I am but I was told that I do....by this annoying in law, DH's cousin.

I have a house that is bought, we live there we are making a lot of renovations while we live here, one at a time, like tile one month, the bathrooms another, cabinets in the kitchen another, etc....why? we are planning to resale for much more than what we bought it for.

We bought okay vehicles. Hubs got one for father's day. Its a project car, Camaro. He is fixing it up, it has always been his dream to fix one like this up, plus he can't even drive it, he is redoing the engine currently. We also have 2 other operable cars. A Toyota prius with all of the fixings, lol it's leased, I don't want to use a ton of gas, and it fits our whole family pretty well. Plus when we commute it's perfect. Plus we have hubs first car he ever bought, this old honda, HIS BABY. lol

But we were at a family dinner and a cousin of his started going in on me. His grandpa asked about how the Camaro is doing and asked about if we have any other cool cars to add to the collection. I said no thats, hubs name, project. It's an arm and a leg to do a project like that. Everything is so much money. Then he asked if we are ever going to get rid of that old honda. Hubs said, maybe I will loan it out, but I can't get rid of it yet. I said when he finally gets rid of it I will buy us a Mazerati Sedan, our new family car. We all laughed. Everyone knows thats my dream car, and I do want to save enough to buy it. Then I said, when the camaro is done and the house is sold, all proceeds will go to savings funds and a new Mazerati.

all of a sudden, his cousin, ugh, is the debbie downer and is "You should learn to be more humble." Every one looked at her like stfu you're are so annoying. Her grandma said it perfect "Stop being jealous, if you work hard good things should come to you." then they are arguing and grandpa gets up and shuts everyone down and said..."As long as (my name) lets me drive the Mazerati, and (hubs name) lets me drive the Camaro, I see no problems here."

But now I feel bad, maybe I was saying too much? your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree with nurbabe82 I dont think you said anything out of the way.. Its not like you said ohh I have this much money blah blah blah you was just talking to " Friends and Family " about the things you do have and what you are proud of and there is nothing wrong with that.. Ps look at it this way if shes the only one that got upset about it and know one else did then its just her its not you
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:00 AM on May. 29, 2011

• No I don't think you were saying too much. Its not like you brought up the cars and house, you were asked. Sounds like the cousin was touched by a bit of jealousy like the grandparents said.
    nurbabe82

Answer by nurbabe82 at 10:16 PM on May. 28, 2011

• No, you weren't at all and it sounds like Grandpa saved the day!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:19 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Nothing wrong with feeling good about yourself and the hardwork you do.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:19 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Sounds like the only person thinking that was your cousin. I sense jealousy.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:20 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I'm all pregant and emotional, I started crying once dinner was over and I was alone..lol I excused myself saying I forgot something for our son and said I had to go to the hotel, we are visiting from out of town, and when I got there I was crying. But I know what it's like to have nothing, be on Food Stamps, not have any help etc, so I felt bad like maybe I was rubbing it in her face unknowingly.

Now that I do have money I do pay it forward. It's a health club, but I am waiting for the baby to get here before I do anything major yet. The health clubs earnings. 50% of the profit will go to setting up field trips for local public schools. Plus I paid the county I lived in every penny of the food stamps I used back when I was in college. ANd I paid Medi-cal back. I didn't use much, but still. It's not like I'm some greefy whore. My goal is to make a half way home for teen moms in college, ppl like me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:22 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Sound like someone is a little envious. Try not to pay too much attention to rude remarks

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 10:32 PM on May. 28, 2011

• thanks ladies. I let things get to me too easily lately. Usually I will go in on her back, but I didnt feel a need to, their family did it for me.

I just talked to hubs about it and he said when I left they were all talking about it and I guess she is having issues even paying her rent for a 2bedroom apartment. They have 4 kids, 3 grls 1 boy. I have a rental house, they could also do a rent to own with me, the house is a single level 3 bedroom, it's also in the process of being fully renovated so I was going to rent it out as a bargain, but might as well rent it out as a bargain to family. That way part of their rent is simply making sure work gets done. Only issue is maybe I would be enabling them because in reality they would just go back to the same issue because I am seriously cutting rent way down, and the house will be done in roughly 6 months.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:43 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Jealousy has reared its ugly head! Be proud of your accomplishments!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:44 PM on May. 28, 2011

• no, she is obviously jealous. Ignore her.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:46 PM on May. 28, 2011