Should I put DD back into diapers/trainers?

Ok, DD is 4 next month. She has not worn diapers or pull ups in almost 5 months. That being said she has about 5-10 accidents a day. I have 3 kids, she's my middle. The baby is 26 months and been fully trained since 22mos, no diapers, no pull ups, no accidents.

So there are no diapers and such in the house, hasn't been in a while. At first she did great, then came the at home accidents, now she full on pees wherever she is...stores, doctors, in the car, the park...you get the point...

She doesn't talk much, I mean she talks fine when she feels she has to but won't just have a conversation with you. She would rather cry or scream. Its frustrating. She wants to do preschool and ballet class, but I tell her they won't like it if she has wet pants in the class.

Is she just not ready? I don't understand her, and I don't want her to go backwards but its just non-stop wetting 24/7!!

willngingersmom

Asked by willngingersmom at 10:13 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would go back to pull-ups and just give her some time.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:19 PM on May. 28, 2011

• What did the doctor say? If she was trained and has regressed to this point maybe there is a physical reason. In the meantime I would put her back in diapers and trainers to make it easier on everyone.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:23 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Have you talked to her doc about this Sounds like something has caused her to go backwards.
    Flat out tell her no dance, etc until she is is big girl underwear!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:23 PM on May. 28, 2011

• What does her dr say? Has she had a lot of changes in her life? Something is definitely going on with her.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:23 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Mine did this and we just starte potty training again. Sometimes it just comes down to us thinking that they've got it down pat and we forget that they still need constant reminding to go.

Mine is 4 and has been potty trained for 2 years. We still go thru phases when she will have accidents...sometimes several in a day. Then she stops like she never slid back.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:27 PM on May. 28, 2011

• She is currently on meds for a uti b/c he was conserned about her ferquency. He ask if there was any abuse, but she is w/me at all times! I just don't know :( I feel guilty like I failed her, she can't go have fun b/c she's always wet!
    willngingersmom

Comment by willngingersmom (original poster) at 10:28 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Did he test and culture the urine? Trust me something is going on physically or mentally with her.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:31 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I saw him after hours yesterday, he said we would have to make a regular clinic visit to really get into what is going on. The lab is off-site and only open from like 8-12, so I'm calling Tuesday morning.
    willngingersmom

Comment by willngingersmom (original poster) at 10:35 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I say talk to the doctor about this. there may be anunderlying issue that causing her to regress.....Or she may just be stuborn. I hope she does better so she can go to ballet and preschool!!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 1:16 AM on May. 29, 2011

• autisim?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on May. 29, 2011