How honest is TOO honest?

Right now I'm speaking to my best friend. She's been hurt once too many times and it breaks my heart. She's only 21 and she is saying she's old and she wants a man. She told me before she started going out with her current boyfriend, she slept with an old flame. The old flame is a scum bag! She told her boyfriend! I felt she told him too much about herself because they haven't been together for a month. I feel she is depressed because most of her close friends are either married or have kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• She sounds like a child. When is 21 old and why so desperate? She should spend some time alone and fixing her own issues.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:18 PM on May. 28, 2011

• We don't have to tell everything we've ever done. It's okay to keep some things secret. Sorry your friend is going thru this, hopefully she will find someone that treats her well and with respect.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:19 PM on May. 28, 2011

• That I would have kept to myself. Maybe you could point out that 21 is not old and rushing into relationships with losers will not help her find the one to spend her life with. I thought I was old at 24 and rushed into a doomed relationship. I really felt old when I ended it for good almost 3 years later. I wasted far too much time on him before I realized the early 20's are a time, for most, to figure out who you are and what you want from life and the one you want to be with. This is what your friend needs to realize.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:38 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Anything that happened before the two got together is her business to keep if she chooses to. I think that he has the right to ask in terms of health reasons, but I would not be advertising it if I were her.

I can understand the feeling of being "last" of her friends to start a family, and can see how that would be painful, but at 21 you have time. I think the "last one" in my circle of friends is 28, been married 9 months, and is TTC their first, and I don't even think that is abnormal these days.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:06 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Being honest is always good in a relationship but there are some things that need to be kept to yourself. She is probably also feeling stupid for telling him so much too. Just be there for her and tell her "shit happens" but we got to move all
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:01 PM on May. 29, 2011