Need helped in gardening

Hello i need helped. i don't know what I'm doing wrong. I got me some plants that dose good in sun last month i did some hibiscus they did not do too good. i water like i should like 2 time like i was told to do because in Florida it very hot. i did it early morning and mid noon. ask will i need get any fertilizer because the type of i dirt i have is like sand it full thou my finger i been trying to get a Soil test but the kit cost like 20.00 and i can't find it near by only can find it online
i went to a garden to get some ideal thy just want me spend my money if any one can helped i need plant that dose good in the sun and in Florida my zone is 9. And when i plant the plants do i did the hole 2 time of the pot like it said or just enough the to cover the root.

Thank you

piglet91

Asked by piglet91 at 10:21 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Petunias are not exotic, but they are easy to grow and give great color.
    Dig the hole two times but fill with fertilized gardening soil. I would add vermiculite and some of the pellets that hold water in them. You only need to cover the plant but the prime soil is filled beneath and around the plant.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:25 PM on May. 28, 2011

• SOunds like you're over watering. What does the plant look like? leaves yellow, droopy, black...ect?
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:01 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Look around at your neighbors and see what does well in their yard. If you get along with them ask their advice.
    I'm not good with plants so you don't want my gardening advice lol
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:13 PM on May. 29, 2011

• the people who work in the garden center at lowes and home depot should be able to give you advice on what to do for your area
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2011