weekly meal planning

Ok, I am trying to save as much money possible, so along with budgeting i am trying to come up with a meal plan so i only have to go to the store once a week or even everyother week.
Any ideas for hubbys lunch and dinners?
He is sick of sandwichs so i have been doing burritos but thats about to be wore out too.

franklynnsmom

Asked by franklynnsmom at 1:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Food & Drink

• well first i started shopping on .line ,,it saves!!!! you dont buy everything ,,,,,,,,,i sit down on sun and look whats on sale and buy that stuff,,,,,,for example i just got 2 roast chickens from stop and shop at 99 cents a lb....7.oo each ......2 meals and then there is sandwiches and maybe even soup.......then i got hamburg ,,meat loaf ..and meatloaf sandwiches,,,, ummmmmmmm........make a huge sauce and freeze atleast 4 containers....let me know if u need more ideas...
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 6:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• When I'm on a budget I always make a large pot of soup or chili on the weekends. Then I freeze it in single serve containers. I pull one out for lunch. By lunch time it is defrosted and I just warm it in a microwave. I pack any leftovers from dinners for lunches. I always make extra so that I have them for lunch.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• buy him a thermos and put in left over chili or whatever was for dinner the night before..it is warm and home cooked. My DH works outside yr round in Ohio and it is so cold in the winter so he really loves those warm lunches or soup. In the summer it is fres fruit and lots of liquid or yogurt, and he loves turkey with lettuce and cranberry sauce rolled up in a burrito.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2008