Will it be hard for her to adjust?

I have a 3.5 year old daughter. She is for sure a mommy's girl! she is clingy alot and its fine. But, Im going to be having a baby in November. Its a little girl too, Im really nervous that my daughter wont be able to adjust! Please help me!

Immommy223

Asked by Immommy223 at 10:43 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Get her a little baby doll. Tell her about the baby that's coming...don't just spring it on her "surprise!" Let her know she's going to be a big sister, etc.

This is what I did with my oldest, and she adjusted very well when her baby brother came along. She would talk to her sibling (we didn't know if boy or girl till he came out) while he was still in the womb. Whenever he would move, I would have her feel the movements.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:50 PM on May. 28, 2011

• It may be difficult. Make her part of it and very important to the new baby.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:06 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I def agree!! let her no that there is a new baby coming and tell her you will need her help taking care of it since its gonna make her a big sister...i like the idea of getting her a doll just for the new baby coming you can play a game with her to a=make that doll extra special and treat it like the new baby...also i think its very important to talk to ur daughter regularly about wats going on with ur pregnancy and how much longer it will be till she gets here u might wana do a craft project with her and make a calander to count down the days!!! congrats on the baby and good luck with ur daughter(daughters... : ) )
    NOWLIN8408

Answer by NOWLIN8408 at 11:40 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My oldest was 3.5 when we had our second, and she was very used to being an "only child"...and fit all those stereotypes to the max. Once her sister was born, we did go through a period of adjustment where she realized she had to share mom, but it wasn't long before they were best buddies. They love each other so much and play so well together that I could not imagine it any different.

Things will be just fine...there might be a rough few months...but it will be temporary.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:48 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I am about to go through the same thing... I have a three year old and am due in September... I have told her she is gonna be a big sister... she seems to be very excited... she rubs my belly and asks if the baby is sleeping... she says she is gonna help me feed it,hold it and change it...she came up with that all on her own... I think its gonna be okay...
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 12:30 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Include her in picking things out for the baby, helping you when the baby arrives, include her as much as you can, hope that helps
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 12:31 AM on May. 29, 2011

• she will be fine. My daughter was three when my second daughter was born and the only problem that I had was that she walways wanted to "help".
    studentteach

Answer by studentteach at 10:40 AM on May. 29, 2011