Why do people think athiests hate christmas?

I don't get it.

I guess I just don't get why christians see athiests as evil....we are good hearted people who do good things for our fellow humanbeings....how can that be a bad thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• We celebrate Krismas....all about Kris Kringle! We teach our kids about jesus but as a mythological person, like the greek and roman gods. As for people thinking we are "evil", well...I think they are just fearful of the "unknown" and the only way to deal with that, is label it "evil".

For Anon 12:46, I believe that when I die, my body will decay and will supply nutrients to the soil. Same thing that happens to dogs, cats, worms and any other living creature out there.
    crkirby

Answer by crkirby at 2:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I don't think all atheists hate Christmas... but ppl may believe they do based upon signs like the one that went up in Washington... the law suits to have nativity scenes, christmas trees etc taken down... etc. I realize it's probably not all atheists who do this but possibly ppl from other religions also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i'm not sure why people think atheists hate xmas. i never really thought about it myself...xmas is xmas...i thought everyone liked xmas!
    to answer your other ?..i'm not sure xtians see atheists as evil; oh, i'm sure there are the 'fringe' xtians who may, but as a whole, i'm sure they all just want to see everyone enjoy eternity as they believe they will, rather than not enjoying it. has someone in particular bothered you in this way? or are you just assuming all xtians are this way, due to things you've read on CM? i can assure you, not all xtians are crazy, fanaticals.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I don't think it's "people" thinking that I think it is Christians with the attitude Annon 1:32 has who doesn't know anything but  what they are TOLD by somebody who doesn't know what they are talking about either. Ignorance isn't bliss it is just ignorance and it annoying to everyone else. Your suppose to respect their religion and beliefs but they happen to think they do not have to do it in return. I really wouldn't worry about what somebody else thinks you hate you just go on enjoying the holiday.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I don't think all atheists hate Christmas... but ppl may believe they do based upon signs like the one that went up in Washington...

Not even all atheists agree with the sign that went up in Washington. Heck I even voiced my complaints about it!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• atheists do not hate everything. i am and i am raising my children that way also and we have a tree and have christmas with out god or christ. we are still good people.
    nannybopeep

Answer by nannybopeep at 8:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I think those Christians that see atheists as evil do so because they are close minded, uneducated and believe what they are told to believe without researching for themselves. Their "pastor" told them atheists are evil - controlled by Satan hahahaha - and so they believe it. Any Christian that looks up from their Bible and considers the average atheist with an open mind will find someone much like themselves. Atheists, like most Christians, are concerned with providing a safe, happy and secure home for their families, doing good works for society and expanding their minds with knew knowledge.  

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i know Atheists who celebrate Christmas so ive never thought they hated it. but i can see how some Christians could be afraid to offer Christmas gifts to Atheists b/c they dont want to get a speech about how God isn't real or about how Christmas is offensive. while i dont think it would happen, as a Christian i never know. i would think sterotypical angry Atheists would hate Christmas b/c its been "forced down their throats" & "promotes the idea of a God". but ive never met one of those Atheists.
    Just as their are bad Christiains who spew hate...there are bad Atheists that do the same thing. unfortinitly, these are the ppl that seem to represent BOTH sides.
    normal Christians & Atheists need to stand up & tell the angry Christians & Atheists to STFU!! we need to take back our beliefs & stop letting the idiots make us look bad.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Just like all Christians are different so are atheists. I guess maybe bc it is really about the birth of Christ, but oh well people will always find a way to be ugly to those who are different which really is not a true christian attitude.
    ronronsbeauty

Answer by ronronsbeauty at 11:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• they are misguided (Christians who believe atheists are evil/ hate Xmas) by their poorly chosen leaders... they are taught to "be sheep." to not question/ to follow blindly.... that is very very dangerous!!! i love the Jewish faith for the bat mitzvah... where the young adult begins to accept their faith but also the begin the questioning of the faith.... that is so important... thinking for yourself. i have a huge poster in my school office that says "THINK FOR YOURSELF!!!"

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2008