Backyard wedding ideas?

I am planning a small wedding in our backyard and I needed ideas on entertainment, decor and anything else you care to share. Tips, advice etc.

Thanks

BlessednHappy

Asked by BlessednHappy at 11:20 PM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I would look into a tent... just in case the weather isn't so nice on your special day... also
    try a Dj for entertainment... if you have neighbors, let them know ahead of time that you are
    going to have music... find out your local noise ordinance too and find out if a permit is required...
    As for decorations... go to any party supply store and they have some really cute wedding decorations
    for hanging and tables... also I found at a dollar store, glass heart shaped dishes and filled them up with
    candy for my dd's wedding... used them as center pieces...use white/clear rope light around the tent and or
    the floor of the tent for lighting...
    If you are going off beat from tradition, try tiki torches thru-out your backyard...

Congrats... and good luck...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:25 PM on May. 28, 2011

• get a tent or some sort of coverage for weather. even sunny days can be a little too hot for some guests and watch your yard at at all hours of the day to gage when the mosiquitos are not at their worst.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:26 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Definitely do something about the mosquitos. Have plenty of bug spray on hand for the guests.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 1:59 AM on May. 29, 2011

• thanks! we are definitely not traditional, so I love the tiki torch idea :)

BlessednHappy

Comment by BlessednHappy (original poster) at 11:31 PM on May. 28, 2011