submissive wives are scary?

why do women get so aggitated and upset when another woman says she is submissive to her husband?

If both people in the relationship are happy, why would someone say they are wrong for being that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Can you define submissive? Do you mean sexually or just in general? I think because we, as American women, pride ourselves on our freedom and independence.. there are countries out there that don't allow women to do so and we kind of look at that as inferior to us. ??
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• If we are free then we have the freedom and independence to choose whether or not to be submissive. We have the right to choose how we live our lives, right? I'm confused about the OP's topic... I'd like to hear more on this
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 1:23 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• if they areh appy, the nothing wrong with it. most marraiges ..one person takes on a more dominant role. sometimes its like the 1950's marraiges, so what...if they areh appy, GREAT
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I don't know! My SIL is like my role freakin model. She's so kind and her DH is just as kind back to her because she is submissive to him. I think there is a difference in slave wife and a-hole husband and people get those two confused...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• All I know is my brother is "P" whipped and his g/f friend must have some big b$%^s, it is disgusting to me!!!!!!!! Submissive my butt, it is a sad display.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• They have no right to make you feel like it's wrong. It's your choice how you are in a relationship. I'm somewhat submissive to my husband too and I get tired of the "why don't you tell him to go...." but he's not demanding things, he's not being unkind, I just typically do what he asks or I think he expects of me because he is the head of our household and if I ask him to do something he would either do it for me too. There's a difference in being submissive and letting someone mistreat you.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I think most women forget what it means to be a lady. They are so focused on being "women" and the whole stupid "50/50" thing, and being so independent. They forget what it means to a man when a woman needs him. I'm happy to be an old fashioned wife. I may seem submissive to people in the open. But in reality I'm in control of my marriage. And as for other things, you know what they say. A lady in the streets.........

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:58 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I find it sad. I realize it's biblical and as a Christian I shouldn't find it that way, but I am also a "new age" woman and I think for myself. I feel like always submitting my will to my husbands will, we differ in opinions many times, is selling myself short....not giving myself the credit to be able to solve problems, or get things accomplished.

My husband and I are on the same page. We are both Christian, and we both firmly state we are partners. There's no one required to submit ALL the time, although we both compromise and that is a form of submission. I just can't take every word of the bible to mean it's literally words anymore and this is one of those things.

When a fully submissive wife gives up her voice to her husband I feel it shows no self esteem and disrespect from the husband who requires her to do that. It just doesn't seem right to me.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• There are many people in this world who think that their way is the right or only way. Mostly it has to do with insecurity and a need to convince themselves that they are on the right side. I would suggest that might be the same here.

Personally I am a Dominant, but as such I have a true appreciation for the submissive side of life. If you are happy with your current circumstance then it should not matter what others think and if it does bother you that much, either stop telling people or examine why it gets under your skin.
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 11:23 AM on Dec. 9, 2008