If you're super skinny, could you notice changes in your stomach at five weeks?

I'm in my fifth week of pregnancy, and I have always been TINY. I'm a size 00-0 (24'') in pants, and have never had enough stomach fat to grab, not even pinch. My hipbones stick out further than my tummy. Lately, my stomach has been feeling different. I'm noticing just the slightest bulge starting right under my bellybutton. I can see it sometimes, and I can feel it when I run my hand over it. It actually looks like it might be on one side more than the other, or at least more visible from one side. It feels strange when I gently push on it. And my diaphragm feels hard. It feels like getting the wind knocked out of me if I even barely poke above my navel. Am I starting to show already because I'm so small?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was a size 3 with my first and I actually didnt start showing till I was about 24 weeks
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:23 AM on May. 29, 2011

• possibly
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 12:25 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I think you will start to show at 5 months GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:43 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I am small too and I could tell a difference right away to... it was like that with my DD... I bf and went back to my normal size... then it is happening the same way with this pregnancy... congrats...
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 12:45 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I was small and I didn't start showing until I was about 4 months and even then people had a hard time noticing I was pregnant
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:55 AM on May. 29, 2011

• your baby is the size of an apple seed right now. it's impossible that you're showing anything from the pregnancy
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:19 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Im a 00 and i didn't start showing until around 5 months.
    youngmoma07

Answer by youngmoma07 at 1:53 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I doubt it. You might be eating a little more because you know you are pregnant. I was size 5 when I was pregnant and did not show for four months.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 1:53 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I just recently got my abs back from my first pregnancy and I'm a pretty skinny girl to begin with....I suddenly noticed that I couldn't get rid of just a little bit of fat on my tummy and found out 2 weeks ago that i'm pregnant again. I don't know if it's because this is my second pregnancy or what, but I swear once I saw the positive sign on the test, my whole body just poofed up and got right back in pregnant mode. Everything is getting bigger and i definitely notice a rounding of my tummy. I'm only about 8 weeks along so I know everyone said no way, but I swear to you, it's possible!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 3:48 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I was a size 0 when I got pregnant with my second, I didn't develop any kind of bump until 6 months but everyone is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on May. 29, 2011