Awful AWFUL heartburn lol?

Okay im so miserable with this heartburn lol 29 weeks and have been taking tums religiously drinking milk you name it and nothing even takes the edge off! Do you know if there is something the dr can prescribe while pregnant or something that worked for you? Thank you for your time!

Destins_Mommy

Asked by Destins_Mommy at 12:35 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had heartburn all the freakin time during my last pregnancy....all i could drink was juices & water...not carbonated drinks @ all!!!!! i carried a thing of TUMS w/ me in mu purse & ate them like they were candy,,,thats the best i got for u....bc thats all that worked for me....Im pregnant again, so i will b going through this misery again...lol....im sorry u have to go through it....It is miserable!....but try and stay off the cokes, if u drink them
    BrandiM189

Answer by BrandiM189 at 12:39 AM on May. 29, 2011

• i think i was prescribed something, but be careful because milk DOES have sugar in it so it might help a little but if your heartburn is really bad it COULD make it worse if not just sustain it you know what i mean?
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:39 AM on May. 29, 2011

• # Eat smaller, more frequent meals
    # Remain upright for an hour after eating, lying down can irritate the problem
    # Eating yogurt or drinking milk can help
    # Avoid spicy or greasy foods
    # Try a tablespoon of honey in a glass of warm milk
    When NOT pregnant Vinegar
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 12:42 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Lol... I am going through that tight now too... I asked the same question on here and some moms said zantac 75... so I asked my doc an he said it was okay... good luck...
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 12:57 AM on May. 29, 2011