Hyperthyrodism and Pregnancy

Hi ladies. I need advice. I was recently diagnosed with hyperthyrodism and I am 12 weeks pregnant. I am really stressed about it.

Can anyone tell me what to expect, and if this is going to make this a high risk pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Health

• I have hyperthyroid and I'm 37 weeks pregnant...so far I havent had any issues at all...nothing =) Good luck hun...don't stress, just keep a close eye on your body =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:47 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I have Graves disease and am 35 weeks pregnant. My endocrinologist has me get my blood drawn every three weeks to check my levels. As of right now, my thyroid is almost at normal and I have been off of my hyperthyroid meds for a few months now. I am not high risk though my OB did start having me do weekly non stress tests startingat 31 weeks just to make sure my baby is ok. You should be fine as long as you take your meds and get your levels checked. My levels were very high early in pregnancy and as my specialist told me, most women's thyroids slow down further in pregnancy.
    Acook331

Answer by Acook331 at 12:53 AM on May. 29, 2011