• In the Spotlight:

How do u make meatballs?

how do I make it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Here's my mom's recipe. These were cooked in pasta sauce, which simmered for three hours. But you could fry them.

3 lbs ground beef
    3 eggs
    1/3 c grated cheese
    1T + 1t parsley
    1T basil
    1/2 t salt
    1/4 t garlic powder
    pepper to taste
    1/3 loaf Italian bread

Soften bread in mixing bowl w/water. Drain; add other ingredients. Mix with hands, roll meatballs and add to pasta sauce to cook.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:21 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Well I make them into balls and I add some garlic salt and pepper then I dip them into egg yolk then I put them in the hot pan, if you want you can add some cooking oil so they won't get stuck to the pan, then after they cook I drain the liquid the meat left behind, then I add the Ragu Sauce and cover the pan on simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes so the meatballs can get a taste of the sauce too and get tender
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 1:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Sausage meat balls

1 1/2 ground beef or turkey
    1 1/2 ground sausage
    (not alot of spices and herbs needed bc of the sausage)
    1 med onion chopped
    1/3-1/2 cup bread crumbs (can be your choice in flavor)
    2 - 8 oz packages of shredded cheese (again your choice in flavor and you do not
    need to have both the same)
    chopped green or red peppers, mushrooms, shrimp, olives (if you like)

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• cont...

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees... lightly grease cookie sheet
    Mix all ingredients together in large bowl except for the cheese... add cheese
    Roll mixture into 1 1/2 to 2 inches balls and place on cookie sheet place in oven for 20 mins and roll meat balls ... bake another 30 mins ... meatballs are done when all sides are browned nicely... there maybe grease due to the sausage becareful removing tray from oven...
    Sprinkle more cheese on top of cooked meatballs after pulling out of oven (if you desire to do so) let stand about 5 mins or until some of the cheese is melted...
    Goes well with mashed potatoes and a tossed salad

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• OMG DO A GOOGLE SEARCH AND HELP YOURSELF
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2008