When does life begin?

With all the different questions about Plan B floating around has got me thinking about other peoples opinions on when life begins.
Does it being at conception?
Implantation?
Birth?
25 years old?
When do YOU believe that human life begins?

( I personally believe that is begins at conception. This questions is not trying to bash/guilt/upset anyone about abortion..Just want honest opinions)

tobys.mommy

Asked by tobys.mommy at 1:09 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Religious Debate

• at conception , because there was NOTHING then there IS.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:10 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I personally believe it begins at conception =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:11 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Life begins at conception.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:13 AM on May. 29, 2011

• conception. if you know what its going to turn into then it counts. did you ever hear the story of the doctor and the woman who asked for an abortion because she already had one baby and didnt want to take care of another?
    Mrs.Rhino71

Answer by Mrs.Rhino71 at 1:13 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I will go a bit further and say that I believe life begins at fertilization. Embryoes created through IVF have their own unique DNA and all of the properties of life (although they are in limbo while frozen, if that is the case). I don't know when God places the soul in the body, but I would say we should err on the side of caution.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:15 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Ok..now I'm confused.
    I thought that conception and fertilization were the same event?..uniting of egg and sperm?
    Please correct me if I am wrong.
    tobys.mommy

Comment by tobys.mommy (original poster) at 1:19 AM on May. 29, 2011

• to me it has to be viable (which is 24 weeks in the womb) to even be considered human

when people tell me that your alive when the heart starts beating and that's all you need to be alive, i tell them "try not to breath for 3 minutes then tell me all you need is a heart beat"

also all plan b does is stop the egg from implanting so its not really aborting
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 1:19 AM on May. 29, 2011

• The potential for life begins at conception. Life, in my opinion, doesn't begin until the first heartbeat. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:20 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I believe it begins the moment that little heart starts beating.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:25 AM on May. 29, 2011

• "to me it has to be viable (which is 24 weeks in the womb) to even be considered human"

Would love to see you say that to a friend of mine, a mother who held her 22 week preemie in her arms as he took his last breath.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on May. 29, 2011