Just out of curiosity....

what is something odd that you, your dh, or your kids are allergic to?

I am allergic to laytex.....as in condoms which is partly how ds got here lol

dreamangel06

Asked by dreamangel06 at 1:43 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Health

• I'm also allergic to latex, also kiwi...DH is allergic to kiwi and flintstones vitamins lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:46 AM on May. 29, 2011

• iodine. not that uncommon BUT i can't eat a lot of corn chips or like mcdonalds french fries because the salt has iodine and it makes my NOSE itch :P but if i eat like shrimp it can be more than just an itch problem :P
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:47 AM on May. 29, 2011

• real Christmas trees -- the last time we had a real tree I was miserable (from allergy symptoms), and I broke out in hives when I was putting the ornaments on. So ever since then we have put up fake trees.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:48 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I'm allergic to the plastic tape they use to tape down IVs and such in the hospital. Didn't realize this til I had to stay in the hospital on bedrest and it began to 'eat' away at my skin. My arms looked terrible. Finally figured it out and switched to cloth tape - no further issues.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:03 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Yeah, latex here, too. Luckily there are other birth control methods! Condoms are how I found out too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:05 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Dust, dust mites & cats. I've been lucky, my allergies have not acted up in awhile...
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 2:14 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Dog saliva and I have two dogs in the house...yeah it sucks. Also ants and walnuts.
    The non-odd things would be cats, dust, bees.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:18 AM on May. 29, 2011

• My dd is allergic to Mt Dew! Not sure exactly what it is in there but she gets something that looks like a chemical burn on her skin if she drinks or touches it.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 2:20 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I am horribly allergic to band-aids. Any adhesive against the skin, really. I'm also allergic to Neosporin, although that's pretty common.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:35 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I'm actually allergic to garlic of all things.. my parents tease me soo bad about it because my mom's side of the family going way back lived near transivania and my canines are a little more pointed than normal, and I don't tan well, so they call me their little vampire.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:08 AM on May. 29, 2011