Why do hard wood floors get so dusty so fast?

Sweetandsexy87

Asked by Sweetandsexy87 at 2:19 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I know! We just got the floors put in, and it's AMAZING how fast it happens.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:19 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I can sweep ten times a day and by the end of the day my girls feet are nasty from the floor again. I don't get it, I clean constantly sweep and mop every day and it doesn't seem to do much for very long!
    Sweetandsexy87

Comment by Sweetandsexy87 (original poster) at 2:21 AM on May. 29, 2011

• because all of the dust you have in the house falls onto the surface, your floors being the bottom surface will always collect the most dust. It's just more noticeable with hardwood floor, but say you had carpet, you know they grey matter in the vaccuum bag? yeah, thats dust build up that was trapped in the carpet.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:52 AM on May. 29, 2011

• just a hint ***Clean up high, shelving, fans, etc that may help the problem out
    DomoniqueWS

• I agree with the PP. It's just more noticeable!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:55 AM on May. 29, 2011

• It's definitely more noticeable! I have dogs, and have lived with them in houses with hard wood and houses with carpet. I vacuumed up just as much of their hair with carpet as I do with hard wood. You're just more aware of it with the hard wood because there's no place for it all to hide. That being said, I'll take hard wood over carpet any day. As much as I'm cleaning it, it's still much easier to keep clean than carpet.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:02 AM on May. 29, 2011

• It's just more noticeable then it would be on carpet.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 10:41 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Because you have trapped dirt in your arpet is my best guess and then it is stirred up when you walk on the carpet & it goes right onto your floor then.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:20 AM on May. 29, 2011

• carpet sorry
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:21 AM on May. 29, 2011

• there is no where for the dust to go! Carpet sure can hide the dirt. I'm like you, I can sweep all day long and still see dust at the end of the day.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 11:23 AM on May. 29, 2011