Induction vs Natural labor..

Those who have been induced and have also went into labor on your own, wich would you say is easier? I would think going into labor on your own is a bit less painful, since your not forcing your body to do something its not ready to do..

Im curious because i was induced with my first and the labor was extremely intense, and i wanted to know if this next one will be a little better experience if i go into labor on my own. I want to try my hardest to have a natural birth, and it seems that some people doubt my ability based on how i was with my first, the induction.

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 5:57 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I haven't been able to experience going into labor naturally. I was talked into the induction with my first and with the second the doctor was supposedly worried about my health.

I would think, though, that you're probably right about labor starting naturally. You don't have the pitocin or whatever other medications interfering, and you don't have to worry about that giant crochet needle looking thing they use to break the water.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 6:13 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I found labor very "challenging" (painful) and i wasn't induced. With an epidural you are awake and alert but not in terrible pain. I prefer that to "natural" childbirth. Nobody tries to have "natural" (no anesthesia) surgery! Enjoy the advances of modern medicine.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 6:17 AM on May. 29, 2011

• With my first child I went into labor naturrally and with the second child I was induced. I would definitely say that naturally was not as intense, however my doctor had to break my water. Not sure if it's different if your water breaks on it's own. Also, if you plan on having pain meds to help with contractions, when I was induced that didn't help at all, however going into labor naturally I was able to feel the help of the meds.

LilLady75

Answer by LilLady75 at 6:45 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I would go for natural. They induced me with my 3rd before I knew the bad things about it. Read up on it and you will be amazed. It IS more painful because the contractions are harder, however they are not as productive. Each subsequent delivery is normally a little easier, and you are in labor for a shorter period of time. Also read up on the Epidural. You might not have pain, but see if the risks are worth it to you. Every decision should be totally informed, not a doctor telling you the good things about it. LilLady said about the water breaking, it doesn't really matter as far as pains or anything. Only that when they do it for you, you aren't stuck with it dripping down your legs as you approach the hospital.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:30 AM on May. 29, 2011

• My first was all natural when I had my other two I had to be induced. To me the pain is all the same the only difference with being induced is that it becomes more intence faster.
    lmv1970

Answer by lmv1970 at 9:12 AM on May. 29, 2011

• My inductions were a little more painful, but the labors also went a little quicker. I can't really say which I preferred, but they all went well for me (2 natural, 2 inductions, and one partial induction - all vaginal births).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I had a spontaneous labor after the first was induced: NIGHT AND DAY!
    (i had to wait a few weeks after my due date but obviously worth it; baby knows when to come!

It was sooo much easier when not forced!
    I had an "ecstatic" (blissful) natural experience.

SO MUCH better!!
    :-D

~ best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:54 PM on May. 29, 2011