• In the Spotlight:

how to make him smile again- so i can smile again.....

my husband and i have been dealing with alot of tension lately. we are a young couple and we havent been gettin a long and i just dont want to fight anymore. yes i am still upset with him but i just want things to improve for us and our baby girl. we do need to talk about our issuses but for now i just wanna see him smile again and i wanna feel those old feelings we used to share before things got so stressful. i know he still loves me and i still love him very much but we're both so angery all the time do to the stress of being a young married couple with a new a baby. what do i do to make tonight alittle brighter for us both.....sex is not an option( time of the month)..plus i want something deeper then sex..any simple suggestions????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• How about planning a meal of his favorite food and after that spend the evening watching his favorite movie?
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• lay with him and just talk, or if he has a hard time talking play a sorta truth or dare kind of game and ask the questions you want to. Also this may sound stupid but one of my favriote times with my husband is if we play a board game of some sort with eachother. Also you can put your daughter to bed and have a romantic little picnic in your livingroom on the floor [with romantic music, candlelight and the nice dishes] hope that was a help to you.
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 4:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Go sit on his lap or lay beside him and tell him you love him and you don't want to fight anymore.
    Anonymous

• My SO is way too serious all the time. he's always tense.He's military. I'm retired. We used to fight over stupid things and one day I decided it takes 2 to argue and I stopped. I just started agreeing with him or saying "well that's one way to look at it". I also started doing things like walking out of the bedroom with a bag over my head or dressed to the nines and wearing over stuffed bullwinkle house shoes. Just something to catch his attention and make him laugh or at least shake his head and smile. One time we started getting romantic and he lifted my skirt to see I had on no panties but there was a glow in the dark stick to guide him to the spot in case he got lost on the way! Just have fun. Be spontaneous and silly. Let your inner child come out to play. My SO complains but he keeps coming back after 2 yrs. I also noticed that he is more observant about what I wear or what's in the room. It's like now he expects something fun.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Slow down. Be a friend. Would he enjoy having his family over? Plan a get together so he can enjoy all his siblings or friends. Have a bonfire. Would he enjoy a good movie? Have some waiting for him after work, and popcorn or some beer.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• REmind him why you guys are together in the first place. Ask a neighbour or a family member to take your little one for the night or atleast a couple hours and take the time to remember what made you two fall in love with eachother and TALK about i. Talking is so important to make it work. Tell him everything you love about him, even the little things, like the way he used to smile when ever you did.... whatever. Try those things or something like that, it make him smile and you sound like you could both use that right now!
    ohiomommy77

Answer by ohiomommy77 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2008