Pasta Salad

Can you use any kind of pasta to make it, I hit a great sale of pasta Gsrden Delight and when I buy the box I normally use Italian dressing anyways (sometimes) instead of the mix in the box?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I have had it with spaghetti noodles and spiral noodes,
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 6:55 AM on May. 29, 2011

• You can usually use different kinds. Please be cautious. The box may be on sale but compare the quantity of the pasta in the box with the quantity of pasta that you can buy for the same amount of pasta. Pasta is so cheap. The box weight includes the weight of the dressing mix.
    What are you going to do with the dressing mix if you are not using it on the salad?
    I usually can get pasta for 50 cents to 75 cents a pound.
    For what you are talking about, I am concerned that it is not really a bargain.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:05 AM on May. 29, 2011

• You can. I've used spirals, shells, bow ties, etc. and it has all come out fabulously.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:45 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Well for example yesterday I got 12 boxes of Ronzoni Garden Delight 16 oz boxes for 50 cents and then I got 4 Suddenly Salad boxes for 50 a box too, I'm a coupon queen but was just asking recipe wise if it's something I can do, normally I use the Suddenly Salad mix for parties but for home/dinners/lunches I just use the dressing and save the little seasoning pack and forget I have in the cabinet next party time around lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:46 AM on May. 29, 2011

• You can use any pasta you want.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 8:29 AM on May. 29, 2011

• yes
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:58 PM on May. 30, 2011