is it weird?? it really might be TMI....

I get the worst boogers! and its only been happening since ive been pregnant...i know that you tend to get more boogers during pregnancy because those little things in the back of your nose can swell, but my boogers are literally IN MY nasal canal. Every morning i wake up before i pee i get about 20 q-tips and start digging. i stick the q-tips DOWN my NASAL passage to get them out... and they are HUGE about 1/2 an inch long... they dont come out when i blow my nose, and i cant breathe when they are in there. i do this about 3-4 times a DAY!!!

doesnt that seem a bit extreme??
can anyone just let me know im not the only one??? i feel like a freak or something my family complains that im always digging in there but i cant breathe otherwise!

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 1:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'll be honest that is sort of weird! I know I had more boogers too, and my nose bled more, but I didn't have to pick with a q tip. Hopefully that will clear up after you give birth.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Actually it's not weird. You're body seems to be in overdrive on everything while you are pregnant, even in the snot and booger category. lol. My midwife suggested I get a neti pot when I was pregnant. You can get them at the drug store usually. It is a little ceramic pot with a spout and you fill it with salt water and use it to clean out your sinuses. It is the most awesome invention ever! I still use it to keep my head clear. They are only about $10 bucks so give it a try and see if it helps.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 6:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• You're not weird, lol. I think it actually happens to more people than they let on. I've been getting tons of boogers too since I got pregnant, lol. No what's gross is when they're bloody, ugh! But it's totally normal.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• not weird, mine have been really bad too. mine are really really dry and hurt, they dont come out when i blow either. ive been sleeping with a humidifier on and in the morning they are still there, but not painful, and now i can blow them out! good luck finding a way to get them out!
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2008