• In the Spotlight:

Using a nasal spray?

I was once before, a few years ago, perscribed a nasal spray for my allergies. I stopped taking it after awhile because it just tasted awful. I finally, about a week ago, realized I cannot live like this anymore! My allergies are awful and I should not have to deal with itchy nose all day everyday! So, I am on nasarel now and again, it tastes so bad! And it burns! Is that normal? I know the instructions say it is normal to burn a little. Will the burning ever stop? Or will it burn everytime I use it for as long as I need to?

ILoveCade

Asked by ILoveCade at 8:29 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Health

• I don't use nasal sprays so I can't really answer but have you tried using a neti pot? It's a great way to clean out the nasal passages and it is completely safe and effective.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:31 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I use Flonase and it smells like beer to me. After awhile the smell for me goes away, and so do my symptoms. Give it a few days and see what happens otherwise I would ask your doctor f something different.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:24 AM on May. 29, 2011