Have you experienced discomfort and/or pain during your ovulation days?

Just wondering how many of us share the same symptoms.
My friend says that it could be cysts but last time I check with my GYN every thing seems ok.
Is it common to feel pain when you're ovulating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Health

• I do every month. When I started my period in the 5th grade, id miss two days of school - id be curled up in a ball in pain and couldn't keep any food down. The doctor finnally put me on birth control to regulate my hormones and the pain was much less and the flow slowed down a lot.
    Even after the birth of my third child and having a tubal - I still take birth control pills, just for these reasons.
    Talk to your doctor...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:06 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Sassysue...Thanks I have consulted with the doctor. Everything is OK. One would expect pain from menstrual cramping. But I don'y experience cramps or pains during my period. The only pain I feel is during my ovulation days which in my case are more or less 2 weeks after I started my period. I'm just curious about what other moms might feel or not feel. Could this be common or not?

I did not know that the pills where used for other reasons. Thanks for the info.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Every month I get a stabbing pain. Not so much that I cannot function but enough that it's really annoying. And your friend is partly correct...everytime we release and egg, it can cause a small cyst but they normally heal on their own.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:32 AM on May. 29, 2011

• yes..my back hurts
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:17 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Some do, some don't. I get cramps for about 6 hours when I ovulate - worse than period cramps. Worse than when I had appendicitis. It literally renders me unable to move. But I don't have cysts or anything else - it's just how *I* ovulate. It's not abnormal to feel it, but some women don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Some women do feel it, it depends on how in touch you are with your own body. Although a bit uncomfortable, you may find it useful later on for natural birth control or if you are TTC.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:03 AM on May. 30, 2011