Mom routine

Do you ever feel like you nerd to write down your own personal routines?
Last night, I laid down and bed and realized I hadn't brushed my teeth. Gross! I know..
I read my book and fell asleep, woke up like midnight and brushed my teeth.
I sat down this morning after working out - cuz I usually don't find time for that, and wrote out my own routine.
I wrote it as if the kids were still in school, time wise. Hoping to get into this over the summer.

Am I dork?

I of course want to brush me teeth and hope to exercise at least once a day.
Does your family have a routine? My kids are 17, 12 & 10. I know, after school this or that and sports will jugle my rountine, but I have a format, a guide something to go by. I hope..

I really am, I'm a dork...

P.S. if you look up dork in the dictionary, it's a whales private parts. My wonderful son, reminds me every time I use the word. So, I do not consider myself this defination - but the slag term DORK...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on May. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't think you are a dork at all. You are just organized. I write things down on a 'Things To Do' list all the time. It keeps me organized and motivated. It also give you a good feeling of accomplishment too!
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 9:17 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I keep a binder filled with shopping lists, coupons, and lists of my morning, afterschool, and night time routines, as well as a weekly chore chart for myself so that everything stays done. I don't think you're a dork at all. I didn't use to do this, and since I've started my home and life is much less chaotic and messy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:20 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I didn't know that is what dork meant, very interesting. About the routine thing I am not a routine person, I am scattered and disorganized. I don't think you are dork, I envy you. I think a lot about how much time I could save by being organized having a routine, but I just can't do it. Good luck.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:08 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I want to be very organized and routined but I'm not. Things happen in the day that will completely disorganize me for hours and I'll find it almost impossible to remember where I left off. I make lists of out of the normal things and when I don't nothing productive gets done.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:14 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I've labled my kids dressers. That's the problem I start a routine and then I want to do everything. Sitting here thinking of a meal plan for the summer. I try to get too organized - I have chores for kids and myself printed out, calendars for the next three months and bills upcoming for the next six months. I do have a meal plan already, we just don't stick to it =(

Buy a lable machine from wal-mart, like $20 and you'd be amazed at what you can lable and organize, once you get started.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Whatever works for you , not dorky !
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 10:28 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I keep lists like that all the time. It makes me feel more in control, and it helps keep me on track. So I don't think you are a dork at all!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:12 AM on May. 29, 2011

• You know you are not its actually pretty smart! I will soon get into that myself :)
    Karmasmom903

Answer by Karmasmom903 at 12:15 PM on May. 29, 2011

• If it works for you I don't think your a dork... thanks for the definition... I had a good laugh...
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 12:47 PM on May. 29, 2011