Tell me your stories of breaking your bones.

I opened the trunk of my truck yesterday ( expedition) and a full propane take came rolling out and landed on the top of my foot breaking it! Man it hurts like a SOB!

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 8:52 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Hm... Hit by a truck and broke my leg when I was 7 yrs old. And then just in 2005, slipped on ice and sprained my ankle... 3 days later at work, I took a step and next thing you know, I was on the ground with a broken ankle. :-/
    missmissy

Answer by missmissy at 9:01 AM on May. 30, 2011

• ouch!! well i've only broken one bone and it was in 7th grade, i was bending over to pick up a ball in PE and my foot was turned awkwardly, anyway when i bent over it snapped unnaturally but since it was april fool's my PE teacher didn't believe me. i ended up walking on it the rest of the school day. when i got home it looked like i had an egg bulging out of where my ankle was. called my mom at work and found out i broke my ankle just a hairline close to the growth plate. i absolutely hated wearing a cast for 6 weeks in middle school, it was hell.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:01 AM on May. 29, 2011

• was in in 1st grade, leaving school on bike, collided with other kids, rode bike home crying
    hurt elbow
    took parents a while before bringing me into doctor (reg ped doc)
    he found nothing
    i was still in pain but next day sent to school,
    in afternoon, mother comes right before end of day, pulls me out to go back to doctor,
    ped dr had another doc look at x ray, i had a broken elbow

almost 24 hours walking around with broken elbow in first grade
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:13 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I fell down a flight of stairs breaking my tailbone and still have alot of problems years later .Man it was a numbing pain almost undescribable.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 11:21 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I was 27 and had just gotten divorced recently so I was out on a daytime date. Rollerblading. We were rolling along this path, came around a turn and there was a tree across the path. I decided to try to jump over it. Landed on my ass (took a nice chunk out of it) and put my hands that did not have wrist guards on down to break the fall and broke my wrist. Man! That hurt! Saw stars.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:32 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I broke my jaw when I was 21.  Had my mouth wired shut for 6 weeks in the middle of summer.  No bbq steak and corn on the cob for me that year.  It wasn't all bad though, I quit biting my nails and smoking.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:17 PM on May. 29, 2011

• broke my left big toe kicking my boyfriend in the ass at 16
    broke 3 metatarsal bones in my foot when i dropped a 2 liter bottle of pop on my foot

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:23 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I broke my arm when I was about five from landing wrong off of a slide. I broke both of my pinky fingers in 3rd grade. One while playing kickball with a soccer ball in P.E. I went to catch the ball and it landed on my right pinky finger breaking it. I was sent home that time. It sucked trying to write with a splint. Then, later in the year during recess someone ran into me knocking me over and I landed on my left pinky finger. I tried to ask the teacher if I could go home and she wouldn't let me eventhough my finger was swollen and purple. My grandmother was ticked when she saw my finger at the end of the day. I broke my tailbone very badly in Junior High when I was going down stairs. I slipped and landed on the edge of the third step from where I had been standing on my tailbone. For years after if I had been bumped there the instaint sharp pain would drop me to my knees. Now due to nerve damage... (cont.)--->
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 9:36 AM on May. 29, 2011

• (cont.)--->...I can't feel when my bladders full and every once in a while a nerve on the right side gets pinched which makes my whole right leg go numb and it gives out. Sometimes the right side of my tailbone gives me a lot of pain, every once in a while it'll even put me in tears. And I've broken my pinky toes repeatedly from running into things. My right one's busted right now because my son got in my way when I was trying to walk, this time my toe bent back, and the limping around isn't helping my tailbone problem any.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 9:49 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Oh, I had surgery at the elbow joint to fix my broken arm. I also had pins in my arm to hold it in place and then, of coarse, a cast.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 9:54 AM on May. 29, 2011