Summer sleep schedule

Do you let your kids stay up late and sleep late durning the summer?
Ages 11 & 12 - there are a few weeks they have morning camps, sports to go to - so those nights I plan on a normal bedtime as if it was a weekend.
Typical bedtime here is 9pm on school nights up at 6:15am
Weekend bedtime 11am and awake by 9am

Although for this summer they could sleep until 7 before going to town to my parents house and then to whatever camp for the morning.

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 9:33 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Nope, giving them different bedtimes different nights screws up their internal clocks. We keep to the same bedtimes year round, week days and week ends. That way we don't have to deal with them wanting to sleep all day. Makes it much easier to when we do have plan days, and when school starts back up in the fall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on May. 29, 2011

• just depend on the child and whats going on during the summer.....and you schedule seems fine to me....it about what i follow for my ds 9, the girls are both teenagers so if i let them they'd sleep till noon lololol.......just keep them active and everything else will fall in to place.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:41 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I don't want to get into the sleep until noon and awake until 2 am.
    Thanks Cara124
    SassySue123

Comment by SassySue123 (original poster) at 9:45 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Year round my kids (15, 12 and 8) are in bed at 9, 8 and 7 and they are up at 5a every day. They have 6a ice skating lessons and 7a music lessons before they start school at 8:30a and 9:10a and during summer vacation they do those things before having to be at day camp at 8:30a. No idle time here.
    Anonymous

• We are 9 pm and 6:30 am during the school year and around 10 pm and 7:30 am during the summer. Of course some days vary depending on what we have going on.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:43 PM on May. 31, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• in school year my 12 year old gets up at 6:45 and goes to bed at 10p.m and in the summer he has football conditioning from 800am to 12pm on monday and thursday so he does the same as if he was in school and in the summer he just goes to bed when ever and wake up when ever
    mommyoflogan23

Answer by mommyoflogan23 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 13, 2011