Did you ask DH to make food runs while you were pregnant?

This morning I woke up feeling like crud. I'm not sick to my stomach (that happens in the afternoons), just feel bad. I haven't been here the last fews days because I've been visiting my parents. There's really nothing I want to eat. I asked DH to get me some strawberry poptarts. He told me to find something else. I reminded him that he doesn't have to eat, but I'm the nourishment for his child. He's gone to get them now. :)

mrsjon

Asked by mrsjon at 10:08 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yeah. I sent him out for Crazy Bread from Caesars all the time

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:09 AM on May. 29, 2011

• No, I did all the shopping so I had what I wanted at home or I found something else. My husband worked 12-16 hours on the graveyard shift while I was pregnant and I didn't feel right about waking him up to go get something I was craving.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:13 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I never did. I usually just found something in the house to eat, or I went out to get it myself.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 11:13 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I try to... lol he doesnt go very often. he's gone and gotten me something like... once
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:10 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Honey, you've got to learn to pout! This is the first time I've done it, but I must have done it right. Even pulled out the "you know I don't ask you to do much for me" bit!
    mrsjon

Comment by mrsjon (original poster) at 10:12 AM on May. 29, 2011

• oh no no. he still doesnt go. i can cry. but he wont go lol. this is the second pregnancy, he wont go out and get me stuff... but usually he'll bring me something on his way home from work if i ask.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:18 AM on May. 29, 2011

• If we have the money, you better believe I send him to get stuff I'm craving or when I was feeling sick to get everybody food because I was so not up to cooking. He should help and take care of you when you're not feeling good.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:22 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Mine will get me something if he is already out, but won't make a special trip out.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:50 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Mine was constantly going or calling asking if I needed anything if he was out.
    He was so sweet when I was pregnant with his child
    This time around, I'm all alone, so it's a lot different...
    I have to go get craving food myself, which I don't mind, but I do feel like if I run out and get it when the craving hits, I eat more of it. lol
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 11:03 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Yes. I have been SO SICK with this baby and there is a lot of stuff that I simply cant handle to eat so when I DO get a craving I want it RIGHT THEN because chances are in an hour I will not be able to eat anything once again.

The other night I was craving a bean burrito from Taco Bell with extra onions and sour cream. I wanted one SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. DH thought I was kidding at first but at 1 am he went to get me one. It was the most AMAZING TASTING food I have had in 3 months!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on May. 29, 2011