how much did u spend on ur childs first birthday

including gifts ive spent maybe 80 $

xxmissrainbow

Asked by xxmissrainbow at 2:01 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Holidays

• Maybe the baby's birthday is during holiday season and she wanted to make sure she didn't skinmp too much this close to holidays. No reason to be such an @ss Anon. Less than $100. We did them at home. Dollar tree paper products. Chips, Cake, & Icecream.... and of course a gift from us.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i didnt spend much at all.. my parents have a huge backyard so they said we could throw the party there... they paid for all the stuff... I got the cake and some toys... for me, that makes a total of maybe $100
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• This question was posted in holidays?! My kids birthdays aren't even considerd holidays!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Probably about $30-$40 for each one. We don't have parties (not the kind people think of anyway) and I bake the cakes myself.
    For my youngest dd's 1st birthday in 2007 she got a bit more in gifts (one gift was $35) but that was about it. Her birthday was the Thursday before Easter and we were traveling most of the day to visit family. She didn't even get her cake until after Easter dinner.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:14 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• golly am i just spoiling my kids? for my son I spent 100 just on gifts. then 40 on cake and decor and supplies oh and we had a bbq so all the food all together it was like 250. and for my daughters 1st we will probably spent the same.
    Anonymous

• DS I spent about 200 because we were living in an apartment and could not accommodate as many people as wanted to attend so we had to spend 100 on a gazebo at a local park. I have 120 budgetted for DD now that we are in a house and can have a party at home.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008