If you are divorced how did you decide that was the best dicision for you?

My husband and I are two very different people.

I work hard at making my family happy and healthy and my home organized and clean. (The best I can)
He refused to take his dirty boots off before he comes inside and could care less if the floor is fresly mopped.

I value my daughters education and makes sure they do their homework. I make time to help them with their academics. I like for them to read to me and I like reading with them.
He thinks homework is stupid and if they need help he hollers at them. If they need to read to someone he makes them sit next to him in the living room with the TV on and he will even turn the volume up so he can hear it while they read.

There are a million more differences these are just the begining. We have been married for twelve years and we married young. We had our first child together when I was 19 and now I am 32 and not as insecure as I used to be. It has been a long tough road and there is nothing left to fight for but our childre. I am feeling lost and hopeless and I want to enjoy life no dred my future with him. But I am also afraid of the unknown. I have no income of my own and he has never been a good provider so their is not child support that would help me in my future either.

studentteach

Asked by studentteach at 10:24 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• The unknown is scary but staying with an asshole who acts like that to his kids is worse. It's hard but you just have to do it-at least for the kids. I knew it was bad when my husband would come home and my 2-year old would point to the door and scream "go to work!" I packed my shit and left.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:30 AM on May. 29, 2011

• When I divorced my ex, I had no doubts at all that it was the right decision for all of us. We were miserable together and it wasn't going to get better, ever. I'd tried everything I could to make things better, nothing helped, so I knew it was time to move on.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:43 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Yes I am divoreced and YES HE WILL HAVE to PAY YOU CHILDSUPPORT...

Get out of there fast....Just the fact that he does not respect you enough to take off his dirty boots would be enough for me.

Your children need a better , steady, secure, stable environment.

Do you have family that you can lean on?

We are all afraid of the unknown....but if we do not take that step forward we will never know what is ahead...

Think of yourself and your children... He is a horrible example....

Everything happens for a reason, and in the end it will make you a stronger person... You just have to take that first step...

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:35 PM on May. 29, 2011