Just Upset

Getting married in 3 days. Yesterday I went shopping for food and spend $300 (of my own money). SO got pissed at me and bitched that all I got was food for me and my daughter, nothing for him. My daughter is almost out of school for the summer and I stocked up on cereals and lunches for her for June. BUT I did get food he likes too. And what pisses me off is when he buys groceries he only spends $80, as opposed me my $300. So then he was going to take me to the movies last night. I was standing in the doorway waiting for him and he was like "Well get out of my way." so I went to the car. I don't disrespect him like that so why can he to me? Then of course at the movie theater we got into it. I pointed out that I had to buy Tide detergent, dishwasher tabs, dishsoap, fabric softener, and toiletpaper, 5 things he NEVER buys. He ALWAYS makes me pay for that shit because he's too cheap. Then I asked him what he's going to wear to the wedding. It's VERY casual. He showed me a suit and tie. I told him he couldn't wear that and what was he really gonna wear? He said "I'm going to wear a shirt that says 'I like big butts and I can not lie' with an arrow pointing to you." Then I got really mad. Then he was like "Oh, you know I'm kidding, you don't have a big butt." So then I asked again what he was really going to wear and he said "Oh, don't worry about it." Really? On the big ass day of my life and he won't even accommodate me on what he's going to wear? Plus, he plays golf and I'm totally cool with the fact that he has a hobby. But I can't afford to have a hobby because I have to buy most of the groceries if we want to eat. So while he was playing golf yesterday, I vacuumed, did dishes, laundry, cleaned, etc. I mean, he plays golf practically EVERY Saturday AND Sunday and I get to clean. Oh joy. I am on my period, is it just that or do I have the right to be upset?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like there are alot of issues that should be worked out before the wedding. Respect, money, control to name a few. Good luck.........!!!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:55 AM on May. 29, 2011

• The first thing that stands out to me is that you haven't figured your money situation out yet. As a married couple, you are both responsible for paying the bills and buying groceries. Since money is the biggest thing that coupes fight about, it's doesn't look good that you aren't even married and are laready fighting about it.
    Second, the wedding is casual and he wants to wear a suit and tie. Maybe he wants to dress up for you? No, you have to cut him down for it so he smarts off. Can't blame the guy when you get bent out of shape over what he wants to wear.

Before you get married, I would suggest that you sit down and discuss how the bills will get paid, groceries bought and how the money is both of yours. I would also talk about the golf habit and housework and how to split that up between the 2 of you and also allow you to have some time for yourself.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:32 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I would be pissed too. When you get married, are ya'll going to combine your money?
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:29 AM on May. 29, 2011