acrylic nails part 2

ok thank for ur answers. now when ur nail grows in do u just rip them off or use something else to take them off?
thank u ladies!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Soak them off, never take them off yourself unless you know what you're doing. You can permanently damage your nail bed. Go to the salon and tell them you want your acrylics soaked off. It takes a little longer, and It may cost a few bucks, but its so much easier on your nails. Use a good rich hand cream afterwards

LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 2:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• No absolutely not. Where I go, I have actually only had an actual set put on once about a year and a half ago. What they do is fills until I need a new nail. No, I have not had an entire set on for that length of time because all of them have been replaced at one time or another. I have been wearing nails for about three years now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i take them off myself, theyll start to rise, and the glue they use stops to work and its easy to just peel it off... sometimes its harder to do and you can soak your nails in nail polish remover ... it takes a while though so pop in a movie or something and just soak your hands.. but i always just take them off
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• no i never take them off myself i usually go back to the nail salon and have them take them off for me but I usually have them put on a new set.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Never try to take them off without Acetone Polish Remover! Also, if you use ANY Dawn dish detergent, do not wash dishes without gloves on! The great thing about Dawn is that it can remove oil from wildlife in polluted areas...and acrylic nails!

Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 1:00 AM on Dec. 10, 2008