Has anyone here had a preterm labor? and what are the chances of having another preterm if you had one?

i had my son at 29 weeks and i am pregnant again and im worried it might happen again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I went into preterm labor at 28 weeks. They were able to stop mine and they put me on bedrest. I delivered at 36 weeks. When I became pregnant with my second child, I asked my OB this same exact question. He said that while there was not reason to think it would happen again, he was going to be extremely cautious to make sure it wouldn't. I began seeing him ever 2 weeks at about 6 months.
    I also made sure I relaxed as much as possible and I drank a lot of water Dehydration can cause preterm labor and it is extremely easy for a pregnant woman to become dehydrated without even realizing it. Even the slightest bit of dehydration can cause havoc in a pregnant woman.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:59 AM on May. 29, 2011