My 6 year old Asperger's DS and my 3 year old have been bickering since sunrise!

Usually it is DS pestering DD today it is going both ways! I have tried sending them outside, setting them up with play dough, letting them help me bake and turning on a movie. It doesn't seem to matter. They are going to scream at each other with in 5 minutes. Any more ideas? This is the second day of summer vacation and all ready I want lock them in their separate rooms. Is there a full moon or something? It is not normally this bad! DS may just be funky because school ended and he knows his routine will be changing for a few months.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 11:01 AM on May. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well, don't lock them in their rooms, but there is nothing wrong with sending them to their own rooms for some quiet time. When our kids were little if they couldn't get along we had quiet time - each girl in her own room. Sleeping wasn't required but they had to play quietly on their own.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:17 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Individual activities is a good idea.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:19 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I wouldn't really lock them in... We do a 'quiet time' in the afternoon. Usually from 2-3. It my be early and longer today! Shew! This is nuts!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 12:27 PM on May. 29, 2011