On Wednesday, will any of you call in "Gay"?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081209/ap_on_re_us/calling_in_gay

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm a sahm but I intend to do everything else to support the cause, including getting the word out. Thanks, OP!
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 3:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Is that an option? Hell, I've called in dead before. Thats a new one I can use.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• This one made me laugh when my husband told me about it. Apparently they are calling it "A day for Gay". Pathetic. Can blonds call in to work because they are blond? Come one people. This is getting stupid! Just my opinion :)
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I need to call in "cable" cause they give you an 8am-5pm window!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• While I have no problem with "gay" people(since my brother was gay and with his wonderful partner for 26 years when he passed away and I do stay in contact wih his partner years later) my boss is a complete ASS and if I did he'd find a way to fire me.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Angieluv, are blonds being denied civil rights? You're right. This DID get stupid, about 3 posts ago.
    Ghostfacebreeda

Answer by Ghostfacebreeda at 4:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• This is the most stupid thing I have ever seen...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Why, is gay the same thing as being sick?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I never could understand why it is so important for someone's sexual orientation (or preference) to RULE their lives...being heterosexual doesn't rule MY life...it's just one aspect of it! I don't define myself or segregate myself because of my sexual orientation--but apparently if you're gay, that is a requirement?!

Okay, so you prefer to be with someone of the same sex. Got it. Now, WHY is it you feel the need to shout it from the rooftops, have "coming out" parades, and assorted "in your face" celebrations?! Newsflash...It only serves to further alienate you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• This will only make the people that are very against gay marriage feel that more vindicated. After all, they are calling their lifestyle a sickness. One for which they feel no need to recover from. So why do they think staying home for a day is going to make things better? If they are that militant about showing their gayness at work then I would imagine it would be a stress free relief of a day for them to not be there, shoving it down co-workers throats.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2008