My kids have school on Memorial Day...do yours?

They have a make up day for snow days. So today is our Memorial day basically. Are your kids in school Monday?

Asked by gemgem at 11:15 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Health

• No, that's weird- you'd think they'd just add an extra day on to the end of the year
    _____________-
    Actually, budget wise, it makes sense. There are a lot of school staff that get paid for the holiday. If they add days to the end of the year the staff get a day or two (or this year five or six) extra days. With the budget crunches that schools are seeing this year they are trying to save money anyway they can.
    The school where I work usually does not do snow make up days. We usually just tack those days on at the end of the year, but for the above reason, we actually had snow make up days this year. We lost some of our Spring Break as well as two inservice days so we did not have to go tomorrow.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:46 AM on May. 29, 2011

• No, that's weird- you'd think they'd just add an extra day on to the end of the year.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:19 AM on May. 29, 2011

• My schools out for the summer.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 11:20 AM on May. 29, 2011

• yep. ours is a make up snow day. They get out at 12:30 though
    MommyBoha

Answer by MommyBoha at 11:20 AM on May. 29, 2011

• ~*Nope*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:23 AM on May. 29, 2011

• nope
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:23 AM on May. 29, 2011

• No, but they have to go on Tuesday and then they are out for the summer.
    Neon1980

Answer by Neon1980 at 11:26 AM on May. 29, 2011

• No, our school is always done the Friday before, no matter what - they build in a bunch of snow days to guarantee we'll be done. Even the year we had a lot of snow days we didn't have to go back after.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Our public schools are out for the summer - Friday was their last day. Somehow they were supposed to make up nearly 3 weeks of snow days and they only put in 4 days. I don't know how that works, but as as a homeschooler I know we are not afforded those liberties. Doesn't matter to me anyway, we do school year round (4 day weeks) because that helps reduce what my grandma used to call the "summer stupids" where kids just forget everything over the summer months.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:43 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Nope, we have been out of school since May 23rd
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:16 AM on May. 29, 2011