Steaks in the crockpot?

Can I put marinated steaks in the crockpot and have them come out okay? We're almost out of propane for our grill.

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I would think so it will probably come out pretty juicy. I like to make swiss steak in mine

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:30 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Only steaks I've seen are those really thin ones, first fried like chicken (battered than fried), than do a rice thing on bottom of the crock pot, add steaks to top, and than dinner... I wasn't paying too close attention when she made it... so I would have to look up crock pot ideas
    However when we marinate steaks, we pop them in the fridge over night

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:31 AM on May. 29, 2011

• why not just cook then in the oven????

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:55 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I would just broil them, or worst case, pan fry. The crockpot is great for cheap cuts of meat that need to get tender, but I wouldn't do that to a good steak. If they're put in marinated, no extra liquid, that's going to be very drying.

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:58 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I would probably pan fry or broil them unless the cut of meat is tought, then I would sear them and put them in the crock pot for beef tips or swiss steaks or slice them and make steak and cheese sandwich!

Answer by kimigogo at 12:42 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I put all types of steaks in the crock pot and they turn out wonderful! the other day I had a round steak with peppers and onions and was very good
    another thing i do is cut up steak and add onion soup and cream of mushroom and serve with egg noodles

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:56 PM on May. 29, 2011

• BTW I have even thrown t-bones and ribeye in the crock and they are extremely tender and if you use the right seasons it is very tasty as well

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:03 PM on May. 29, 2011

• bump

Answer by sherribeare at 11:57 PM on May. 30, 2011