Steaks in the crockpot?

Can I put marinated steaks in the crockpot and have them come out okay? We're almost out of propane for our grill.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I would think so it will probably come out pretty juicy. I like to make swiss steak in mine
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:30 AM on May. 29, 2011

• Only steaks I've seen are those really thin ones, first fried like chicken (battered than fried), than do a rice thing on bottom of the crock pot, add steaks to top, and than dinner... I wasn't paying too close attention when she made it... so I would have to look up crock pot ideas
    However when we marinate steaks, we pop them in the fridge over night
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:31 AM on May. 29, 2011

• why not just cook then in the oven????
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:55 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I would just broil them, or worst case, pan fry. The crockpot is great for cheap cuts of meat that need to get tender, but I wouldn't do that to a good steak. If they're put in marinated, no extra liquid, that's going to be very drying.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:58 AM on May. 29, 2011

• I would probably pan fry or broil them unless the cut of meat is tought, then I would sear them and put them in the crock pot for beef tips or swiss steaks or slice them and make steak and cheese sandwich!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:42 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I put all types of steaks in the crock pot and they turn out wonderful! the other day I had a round steak with peppers and onions and tomatoes...it was very good
    another thing i do is cut up steak and add onion soup and cream of mushroom and serve with egg noodles
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:56 PM on May. 29, 2011

• BTW I have even thrown t-bones and ribeye in the crock and they are extremely tender and if you use the right seasons it is very tasty as well
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:03 PM on May. 29, 2011

• bump
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:57 PM on May. 30, 2011