how do i go about planing a baptism?

my girls are going to be 6 months and we want to baptise them. where should i start? we have god parents in mind but i want to add some more people (i dont want hurt feelings among my friends, they ALL have been there since i found out i was pregnant and i think they all deserve that spot.) we know the church we want, but are having a hard time finding a hall. the church is around the Berwyn, IL area... my friend already told me she wants to buy the dresses so fine... thats taken care of... but what else is there????? what else do i need to do?

melissa089

Asked by melissa089 at 2:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• What kind of  church do you worship in?  GOD PARENT'S....I have 5 children...And many many people offered and tried to prove themselves to take the role of God Parent's.  I had to decide what is good for my baby instead of hurting other peoples feelings. Its not about them it is about your baby.  Decide God Parents based on their own spiritual beliefs.  How many times do they attend church?  Do they practice their faith and walk with God on a daily basis. Do they live according to God's Plan?....There you will get your answer on the best person to ask to be God Parent.  Pray also and ask God to reveal this person. He is faithful and He will answer.

Spiritual Advisor/On Line Life Coach.

MamaGuru

Answer by MamaGuru at 9:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It sounds like to me you are making a baptism a social event and that is totally missing the point of baptism.....children that age can be dedicated to the Lord, but baptism is when you personally realize you are a sinner, confess your sins, ask Jesus to be your saviour and then baptism is the outward act of being cleansed of your sins......I hope you will study more about baptism before moving forward with this....it isn't a social event.....it is the difference in heaven and hell for eternity.
    Anonymous

• I compeatly agree with anon.2:43
    Anonymous

• when you personally realize you are a sinner, confess your sins, ask Jesus to be your saviour and then baptism is the outward act of being cleansed of your sins......I hope you will study more about baptism before moving forward with this... True

How can a baby dedicate its life to god its too young to undrestand. You should find out what a baptism realy is. Notice Jesus was not an infant. Also notice that many people in the bible were not infants. That is way to young. Just think about it and pray about it.
    Anonymous

• Have you had a talk with the priest or minister yet? That is going to be very important for choosing the godparents. And that is more important than anything else you're planning.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2008