how do i go about planning a baptism?

my girls are going to be 6 months and we want to baptise them. where should i start? we have god parents in mind but i want to add some more people (i dont want hurt feelings among my friends, they ALL have been there since i found out i was pregnant and i think they all deserve that spot.) we know the church we want, but are having a hard time finding a hall. the church is around the Berwyn, IL area... my friend already told me she wants to buy the dresses so fine... thats taken care of... but what else is there????? what else do i need to do

melissa089

Asked by melissa089 at 2:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well I guess first I have to ask what religion are you? I am Catholic and in our church there is only one set of Godparents one man and one women or just one man or just one women. Also they have to be right by the church if a couple have to be married if not they can not be living in sin. Also there are classes you and godparents have to take and you have to schedule with your church.
    ang0708

Answer by ang0708 at 2:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• *sigh*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Ummm...we only contacted our church, talked to the priest, set up a date, and showed up with our daughter in her pretty white dress with her Godparents.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:28 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My experience was different than ang0708.

I'm Roman Catholic and the only thing that mattered to our church was that the Godparents be Catholic and attend church themselves. They said they were going to send out forms for their churches to fill out, but that never happened. Also, my daughter's Godparents never took a class...
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I'm Catholic also. With our first we did have to take a class and both  God Parents had to be Catholic also. No classes for them, and they did not have to be a member of my church. Just call your rectory and inquire about Baptism.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• OH, BTW, we did invite family and friends back to our home or a restaurant to eat and celebrate more with us.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2008