People that have to buy certain foods?

like diabetics how do you afford buying the items you are supposed to eat or have with the rising prices? I am talking about us people that are considered "the working poor" or lower?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 1:22 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My parents are diabetics and they get a lot of their fresh foods at farmer's markets. I know that's not really sugar free, but it does fall into the diabetic diet. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:20 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My FIL is diabetic. They don't buy special/certain foods - they buy normal groceries, and just don't eat things that he can't - they don't buy special sugar-free cookies or candy or anything - they eat regular foods, carefully. Hasn't impacted them. If anything they buy less (they used to buy some of those "diabetic foods" but just quit eating that stuff altogether - and they save a lot mof money by not eating it, or making their own sugar-free goodies.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous that wasn't what my question was pertaining I was asking how people afford to buy the things the need
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 3:48 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I'm not seeing how anon's answer didn't answer the question. Eating normal whole foods is how they afford it. I'm not diabetic, but I'm lactose intolerant and I have to be careful with foods not having too much sugar. I just avoid the special stuff that I could have, and get regular. The only thing I don't skimp on is lactose free milk.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:55 PM on May. 29, 2011