Gimme what SHE has!

1) What is a quality that some mother's seem to have an abundance of that you wish you had MORE of in regards to child-rearing? 2) Also, what is a something you do very well with your children that other mothers could use more off?

Example -- 1) I wish I had more patience when it comes to teaching; 2) My girl and I have FUN together and some mom's just don't seem to have any "fun" with their children.

BaileysMom476

Asked by BaileysMom476 at 1:31 PM on May. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wish I had some more energy that other moms have to be able to take my kids to the park to play after I get off work every other day
    barrerajuls

Answer by barrerajuls at 1:35 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Energy is my first thought; I could use lots more energy.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:48 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I wish I was a better housekeeper and more motivated in that area. I hug my children and tell them I love them countless times a day.
    WhiteTigerLily

Answer by WhiteTigerLily at 1:56 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I wish I had more patience. I think I have recognized my family's shortcomings (alcoholism) and am NOT repeating them with my children.

My son was 3 or 4 and I had had 1, maybe 2, Smirnoff Black Cherry drinks. He'd done something to annoy me and I just laid into him. Something about the look on his face as I was yelling at him reminded me of the way *I* had been raised and that I'd vowed to not do the same to my children. That was the last drink I had and my son is now 7 1/2. For a couple of years after that the THOUGHT of a drink was more appealing than actually having one, and now there is NO appeal whatsoever.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:09 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Good for you Rosehawk! Thanks so much for sharing!
    BaileysMom476

Comment by BaileysMom476 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I wish I didn't hate cleaning so much. Our home is not "dirty" but it's also not as clean as I would like. I have a true love for teaching our kids and learning along with them - I think more parents could use that.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:15 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I wish that I had more organization.

I wish more parents would be more open with their children, like, storks really don't bring babies.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 5:13 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Energy and patience
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:20 PM on May. 29, 2011

• To grow and become better one must recognize one's shortcomings right?

Besides, I HATED that my dad would not protect me from my alcoholic and abusive uncle so I REFUSE to do that to my kids. I'm such a Momma Bear.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:43 PM on May. 29, 2011

• * recognize and improve upon....man I'm typo-city today.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:44 PM on May. 29, 2011