I hope they know how I feel now.....

My husband and I have been together for 6 years, and we have a 5 year old daughter.

I would say our lives together our perfect... we really have no problems EXCEPT his parents.

I am someone who has always gotten along with everyone, and of course expected to get along with them ( I was actually hoping for a close relationship with my new MIL) ... But of course that didnt happen.

because I was younger than my husband ( he is 13 years older) , and not as prim and proper as her other daughter in law ( dont get me wrong, I am very polite and such... but I also have a sense of humor and I am very accepting to alot of things) .... She instantly disliked me, didnt want anything to do with me ( other than a fake hug on the holidays) , of course she also acted this way to my child...

over the years, it got worse, since she has 2 granddaughters the same age ( BIL & SIL also have a 5 year old girl ) ... MIL would do all kinds of things with their daughter, nothing with ours, buy lots of nice and expensive gifts, while my daughter would get those $1 puzzles... At t-ball "grandma" would root for their daughter, but not ours...

It came out that the reason she didnt accept me or my daughter was because she " knew" that I was just " some floozy, who sleeps around and that there is no way that she is her biological grandaughter... I guess she was overlooking that fact that my daughter is identical to their family...

After that , my husband basically disowned her... he told her that she IS his daughter, and I am his wife, and if she couldnt accept it, she was the one missing out...

Recently, BIL caught his wife cheating on him -- they are going through a divorce and a DNA test was taken on thier daughter... and it was proven she is NOT his biological daughter... in fact all this time the mother has been taking the daughter to visit her bio. father and was just staying with BIl for money.

of course they will still love little girl no matter what.... but I hope MIL realizes.. the only reason she said she put that grandaughter on a pedastel (sp) is because that was her " real grandaughter" ... when she wasnt really, and her actual bio grandaughter she shut out of her life.... I hope she feels miserable !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• MIL doesn't sound like a nice person at all. I love your husband for standing right up for you and your child...kuddos to him.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:45 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Sounds like your SIL proved to be what your MIL thought of you....that's gotta be a slap in the face to your MIL and a well-deserved one at that!
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 1:52 PM on May. 29, 2011

• LMAO Karma/payback's a WHAT???!?

And YAY for your husband for standing up for you.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:13 PM on May. 29, 2011

• my daughters bio grandparents were that way, and after i provided them with paternity results they still had nothing to do with her, til one day they were at a local club organization event that my mother was working and she had my daughter with her, they sat across the table from her for 2 days during this event falling in love with this 3yr old little girl that was so polite helpful and adorable, had no idea it was their own granddaughter until i came to get her... they were so embarressed... but they still dont really have much to do with her and she's 17 now..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 2:40 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I would be thrilled if my husband finally cut my MIL out of our lives. Your MIL is the one loosing in this case, you are lucky to be rid of her.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:12 PM on May. 29, 2011

• She sounds like a way nasty bitch I would let her go your daughter knows she is loved and someday mil will realize she fd up even if she did not and will not say it daughter will see her for what she is.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:02 PM on May. 29, 2011

• What a judgemental person your mil is! I think it is kind of funny (in a way) that her "perfect" DIL who she loved turned out to be the "floozy" and her favorite GD is not biologically hers! Hmmmm maybe this will teach mil to be more tolerant and less judgemental of people! And cheers to your husband for standing up for you and telling his mom off!

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:33 PM on May. 29, 2011

• So glad your husband stood up for you and child. :D
    calebmama

Answer by calebmama at 2:53 AM on May. 30, 2011

• What a terrible thing to happen to everybody! Terrible for your BIL and the little girl he thought was his, and terrible for your family to be disrespected in such a way by MIL.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 5:34 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Oh wow! Don't you just love karma lol
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:34 PM on May. 30, 2011