Food or Gas?

Do you ever feel like you have to chose between buying food for the family for the week or buy gas to get where you need to be? I am talking about us that are considered "the working poor" or lower that can't afford to do whatever we want whenever we please

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 1:57 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• yes. and i get some food stamps.
    but we live 20 miles from the nearest grocery store, an hour from the doctor i have to go see 2 times a week.
    it's outrageous. i never thought i'd eat ramen just so i could get to the store.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 9:40 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Just about every week. Sometimes I have to take from the grocery money to get gas in the car so I can go to the gas station.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 5:57 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Sometimes. My hubby commutes to work and when gas was really high he was like "do I pay the mortgage this month or buy gas to get to/from work till next payday?". I think it is horrible how the cost of gas has gone up, up, up, and since gas costs more now stores have to up the price on foods....
    Anonymous