How many of you have been to the Florida keys? And where did you like it most? Is Key Largo nice?

What is there to do? What are the main atractions? I can go online to find out, but I want personal opinions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Travel

• If I was going to the keys as a family vacation I'd go to Hawk's Cay on Duck Key - www.hawkscay.com. If I was going without kids I'd go to Key West.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:09 PM on May. 29, 2011

• thank you Syphon
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:02 PM on May. 29, 2011

• We go every year. We like to stay on Marathon because it's halfway to everything. The main things to do there are boating, fishing, jet skiing, snorkeling and diving. There is a very nice little marine animal attraction on Islamaroda called Theater of the Sea, you can swim with the dolphins there or just enjoy the park and see the shows. Key West is fun for the people watching, lol. There is some touristy stuff to do there, historical stuff and all, but overall most people go to Key West to get drunk on Duvall St. Another thing that is important to know about the Keys is that there aren't a lot of 'beaches'. The islands are rocky, any little beaches are man made. Bahia Honda Nat'l Park is a good place to go for a beach experience and you can rent canoes and kayak and go snorkeling there. If you have kids, go to the Miami Zoo. It's very close to the Keys and is awesome.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:16 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Oh and to finish answering your question.....yes, Key Largo is nice. We leave for our annual Keys trip this coming Saturday, can't wait. We take the kids to the zoo every year on our way down. Also taking one of the sunset cruises is a lot of fun. Last year I went reef fishing with my husband (charter boat). We caught a shark, a moray eel, pulled in some fire coral (never touch that stuff) and finally caught a nice grouper and some other smaller fish. A lot of the restaurants will prepare your fish for you if you don't want to cook it yourself. Eating at any of the restaurants that have an open deck is awesome (which is a LOT of them). Feed the Tarpon (fish) at Robbie's in Islamorada. It is crazy!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:23 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Boating, fishing, watersports, shopping. The trolley tour in Key West is fun.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:18 PM on May. 30, 2011