While you BBQ, Swim and enjoy your friends and family

Remember those who have fallen to pay for your freedom. Remember those who are in harms way and say a prayer if you are the praying type. Remember the reson for your three day weekend.

Thanks.

Also...feel free to pay tribute on this thread to any of the fallen that you have known....past conflicts and present.

Today I pay tribute to my grandfathers who both faught in the Korean War.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 2:02 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• my husband has lost many friends and battle buddies to the war in iraq and afghanistan..

i'm thankful for what they have given us and praying for their families.
    julie.f

Answer by julie.f at 2:16 PM on May. 29, 2011

• happy memorial dayMy nephew lost a couple of guys in unit a couple of weeks ago. Praying for all of them to make it safely home

babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:43 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Absolutely, God bless them, I am very thankful for each and every one, past and present and I pray that all of our deployed Soldiers stay safe, wherever they are!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:52 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Most of my family is military/retired military. Those of us who are getting together this weekend are the family members waiting for someone to return from a deployment. The food is just something to eat while we wait.

A huge thank you to all who have served, are serving, and have given so much.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 3:25 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Very well said! My Dad seved in Korea & I am very proud of him. God Bless!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:01 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I myself am from a military family, retired Army for me and son serving in the Air Force. God bless all who have served and are now serving and God Bless America!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:41 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Work towards peace. It is preferable for troops to be engaged in peacekeeping duties where the victims of war-torn areas receive real support to rebuild. These activities are generally too dangerous for NGOs but the military has all the knowledge and skills, as well as the right attitude. Fewer deaths too.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 6:43 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I live in a wonderful country that would not be as great if it was not for our armed forces.

thanks to every man, woman and child that has or will defend our country.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 7:53 PM on May. 29, 2011

• we lost a friend back in october. he was killed in afghanistan. my husband is over there now so i will be praying for everyone who lost their lives and their families and thanking every veteran i see. funny how this holiday isn't about them, huh? all everyone cares about is THREE DAY WEEKEND!! wish they would open their eyes and see the men and women behind the reason they get that 3 day weekend.
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 9:50 PM on May. 29, 2011

• too many people take this weekend as a weekend to drink and forget the real purpose of it .... I say that because my dad partied this weekend many years ago, drove off a cliff because he passed out at the wheel....so I do honor those who died and resent those who see this weekend as a weekend to party
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on May. 30, 2011