Teen moms with more then one child?

Would you judge a teen parent, that is a really good parent, that has more then one child??

I want you to speak your mind, Be as harsh as youd like. Just tell me your honest opinion.
What do you think of teen parents with more then one child??

Immommy223

Asked by Immommy223 at 3:06 PM on May. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't judge anyone that is truly a good parent to their child, but I don't think teenagers should be having children until they are responsible adults.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 3:07 PM on May. 29, 2011

• is she actually a parent or just a baby factory? there is a difference
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 3:09 PM on May. 29, 2011

• jmo..it,s sad..i mean shit happend but dang..if ur like 19 /20 two kids is on ething but lets say 16 2 or 3 ..something ant wright about that.
    KRIZZ25

Answer by KRIZZ25 at 3:13 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I would think that obviously she didn't grow up enough with the first child
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 3:15 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Personally I feel it's very irresponsible. I can understand that "surprises" do happen, I wasn't a virgin when I got married by anymeans, but I was responsible about birth control, that and the Pill was MUCH more effective back then. Anyways, so a 16 year old gets knocked up, ok, she decides to keep the baby and try to be the best mom she can be. Thats wonderful. Growing up I had a few friends who were teen mom and were wonderfull. But to get pregnant a second time, to me, just shows me how irresponcible they are
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:16 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I think it all depends on the age of the girl, and what the circumstances are that she has more than one child. Is she married or in a relationship with the same person as the first baby? Are the children being taken care of, and are they being supported, and not by tax dollars? Some teens are more responsible than some adults. Mind you, I said "some." It's getting fewer and further between. I was 19 and had 2 children. I was married. I was a SAHM. We did not live off of the system. Looking back, I was very glad that I had them early because had I waited, I would not have been able to get pregnant as easily, as I got more and more infertile as I got older. And I'm talking by my 30s. If she's just sleeping around and getting pregnant, I think she needs to be locked away from boys.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 3:24 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I was a mom at 16. Because I knew it would be considered irresponsible, I did not have another right away. Yet, I wished I had. Being a teen mom is hard. And I didn't believe having a 2nd would make it that much harder. In fact, having them early would mean being done early. I waited 6 years before having number 2. Now I'm expecting number 5 and number 2 is only 5 years old. Now I have a house full of little kids and 1 in middle school. I badly wish that gap was smaller. When I was a teen, I kept telling myself at least I'll be done in my 30's. Now that I've waited, I'll still have preschoolers well into my 30's. And the responsibility of having an adult daughter on top of that. I wish I had all my kids in one fall swoop.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:06 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Depends. Is she supporting her children, without help from anyone or the government? I have little respect for women (regardless of age) that depend on others to provide financial for their children. If you can't support kids on your own, don't have them.

If she is working to provide & still attending school, then I think highly of the mother.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:11 PM on May. 29, 2011

• If she's a good mother and is supporting them who gives a damn. Its not my place to judge.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:40 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Yes I would judge. Everyone forms opinions on things. I know of a really great mom that had her first as a teen. A year later, she had another one. A year after that, another one. Despite her being a great mom, I think she's doing her children a disservice by raising them the way she is. They're dependent on public assistance and their chances are very low of ever being truly independent. Being a good mom means more than being there and providing for their basic needs. You also have to teach your children how to be responsible members of society and she's not doing that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:42 PM on May. 29, 2011