HELP ME WITH MY CRAZY MOTHER IN LAW!!!!!

I dont know what to do anymore my mother in law is crazy seriously and she hates me and I have done nothing to her but marry her son and give her a gourgous granddaughter she has turn my 16 and 13 year old sister in law against me they are always sending me text messages saying we hate you leave our family you are a lying bitch a whore etc.... My husband tells them to stop but it doesnt work help me how do I deal with this? My husband says it is not hurting our relationship but everytime he talkes to her alone he comes back and we fight because he fills his head with so many lies?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Your DH has to put them in their place. Until that happens it will be chaos. I've lived it. Once my hubby finally realized that he needed to back me up TOTALLY, then everything got much better. Until then, hold your head high and always be the bigger person. Good luck.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Thanks but he has stood up to her many times and she doesnt get it she really thinks everything she does is right and I dont think I have ever heard her say I am sorry for anything I mean no matter what we do she only hears what she wants and takes it the way she wants to! The sad thing is she is screwing up my 2 sister in laws lives horribly she never makes them go to school the 16 year old her boyfriend lives with them and they share a bed me and my husband want them to come live with us so bad but she has go them thinking I am so horrible I just cant take it anymore
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• If he can't make her understand....then I would move. You don't need that drama around your family.
    Is your husband following through with your MIL? I know that my husband would tell his mom to stop and then they would talk the next day. She needs to know he's serious. I was so happy when my husband grew some balls.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Omg that is exactly what I am praying for BALLS lol!! I cant move I have a wondering family here my parents are amazing and I have awesome aunts and uncles and my daughter has tons of cousins here I just wish they would move or just leave it alone I mean it is horrible I cant even go one day without some kinda of drama from her plus she is a huge drunk and that makes things so much better tonight she wrote me a text and said we hate you my son will know you are a liar so just LEAVE OUR FAMILY
    proudmama9128

Answer by proudmama9128 at 3:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my hubby replied This is your son she is my family and if you dont want apart of it then stay away and that means from our daughter to then she said fine you dont think your sisters will have babies We dont care if we see her or not..... Then his sister wrote him a text well we think it was his sister his moms pretends to be his sisters in text messages all the time but she said I am having a BABY do you want to be a part I think it is a lie but now he is worried and all the progress we made tonight is going to be ruined you know she is just a good liar what do we say to that???
    proudmama9128

• He needs to cut his losses. YOU are his wife and if they can't respect that then they need to get out of your life. My mom was the same way with my husband. He's provided a comfortable life where I can get a massage, pedicure, new hairdo, or whatever I want, when I want it. He's made life wonderful for our son and all my bio mom can do is treat him the same way his family treats you. I finally decided that they needed to start respecting MY choice to love and be with the man I chose. You need to sit him down and discuss this and tell him what he may end up losing. MIL's CAN and WILL break up a marriage if then can.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• At least your hubby is behind you on this one and is standing up to them. Change your cell number.. and if they say it's fine that they don't care if they see your child or not, then it's their loss. It's sad that people are like that, but I'd say change your numbers, and that will cut down that part of it. If they hated me, I wouldn't want them moving in with me, or being around me period. Long as hubby is behind you, ignore them as much as you can.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Didn't you see any of this before you got married?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Do you show him the texts your SIL's send you?

I have to ask, is all of this completely unprovoked? It's really hard to have a feud with only one side. I think I feel sorry for your husband because he's in the middle of people he loves dearly. Maybe you and MIL need to think about him for a minute and bury the hatchet on your own so that he doesn't have to choose between the two of you.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Oh an you can block their numbers from being able to text you at all.
    munch12502