Would you move to Alaska to be closer to your baby daddy for the son's sake???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on May. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• did he move away from you and the son you have together? I would say no, if HE moved away knowing he had a child on the way or already had that child. that's just my opinion.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 3:12 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Personally, I wouldn't move someplace cold for any reason, but to answer your question for you, you will have to figure out the benefits for you and your son. Will you be able to find a job? Do you have friends and/or family there? Can you be happy there? If you can do it and make a life, a decent life, then why not. But if you are going to be miserable for the sake of your baby's father, then you are not doing your baby any justice.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 3:13 PM on May. 29, 2011

• its the army that pcs'ed him from here.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:14 PM on May. 29, 2011

• It depends on how amicable we are, what I've got going on where I live, if my husband would be willing to move....you've left your question very vague....

Me, I'm SAHM but my husband is trying to get his business off the ground here, so no, I would not move, but I would try to make it as easy for him to see our child as possible
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:14 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I wouldnt go all that way If I wasnt married or planning to get married. I am married to an army man and currently in Italy so I know about following a man around the world, but to go all that way, leaving family and trying to start over without any sort of security, no way would I do it. I would be 100% willing to visit though.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:19 PM on May. 29, 2011

• absolutely and he said he would fly us up for holidays. he said he would be home in 3 years. thats a long time but who know? maybe he will miss me so much that we will get married!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:20 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Something similar happen to my aunt. But it ended up badly. She was married with two kids and going to college. Her dh and father of her two children got a job in another city. My aunt decided to stay and live with her mom while finishing her studies. In two years dh cheating on her with a coworker he met in his new job in the new city. Currently he is remarried and with children. My aunt never remarried but lives with her children.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 3:32 PM on May. 29, 2011

• You aren't moving for your son's sake, you want to be with the baby's father. I say...do whatever you want. I wouldn't do it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:33 PM on May. 29, 2011

• not sure But why not go
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 6:39 PM on May. 29, 2011