Scared...i hope my water didnt just break

I am 24 week pregnant today. Earlier I was walking outside to put clothes out on the line and fell down the stairs. I caught myself as best as I could. I waited for baby to move before getting up. Came inside, baby has been moving all day since. Well, I was just sitting on the couch and didn't feel anything weird or any gush, etc. I stood up and the crotch of my pants were wet. I quickly went to the bathroom and smelled my pants to see if I peed myself. No smell. So, now I am panicking. I laid down and am going to do the 30 minute test to see if any fluid comes out. I have no one here with me, but my kids and no vehicle (mine is broken down) I left a message with my OB answering service and am waiting on a call back. I don't want to have to call my family back (they are all at the beach where I am supposed to be) if I don't need to.I'm scared.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call your doc, he will have you go to the hosp and they will be able to tell if your water broke
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:13 PM on May. 29, 2011

• it's not likely you broke your water by falling down...and the baby was moving which is a good thing. You still did the right thing though calling your OB...chances are they will want you to go in and get checked out though...too be safe.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 3:14 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I did. Waiting for a call back :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:14 PM on May. 29, 2011

• are you having any contractions? Or was it just the fliud that you are concerned about?
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 3:16 PM on May. 29, 2011

• oh girl... i am sorry to hear that you are going through this by yourself. do you have a neighbor that could take you to go get checked out just in case?
    kristianmommy

Answer by kristianmommy at 3:19 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I had one, but I am mainly just concerned about the fluid.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:36 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Well, I just stood up and so far no fluid. I am still waiting on my OB to call.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:45 PM on May. 29, 2011

• It is very rare for your water to break this early. You could have wet yourself. Also, amniotic fluid reproduces itself, so your doctor may not be concerned. If you are not having any contractions, I highly doubt it was your fluids rupturing.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:08 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Instead of waiting for your OB to check his/her service, since it's a holiday weekend, call the hospital, talk to a L&D nurse. If nothing else, they probably have a more direct number to your OB if they think you need to come in.
    Anonymous