What would you think if...

If a woman already had children but became pregnant accidentally - since she already has children, let's ay she IS on birth control and let's say she IS using it properly. Ok, so she is unexpectedly pregnant and knows that in her current circumstances she would not be able to provide for an additional child.
Do you think she would choose adoption or abortion? And why?

Nicoles2LilRams

Asked by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:25 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• because I do not want to go thru a pregnancy. I do have children, I have a 23 yr old and 2 5yr olds, I cannot afford anymore kids time wise or money wise and I do not want to be pregnant. I did have my tubes toied after the twins were born, but if I was to become pregnant , especially at my age (44) I would not want to continue the pregnancy
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:53 PM on May. 29, 2011

• If that woman were ME- I would probably choose abortion. I absolutely WILL NOT put my body through another pregnancy. Not to mention, we cannot financially take on a 3rd child, and I never wanted more than 2 kids anyway. That's what I WOULD DO. As for a woman I don't know, I have no clue what she might do. She would make the decision best for her and her family I'd assume.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:06 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I can't say how someone else "would" choose, but I would hope for the sake of the baby and the sake of herself, she would find herself blessing some other parents with a child.

Frankly, if everything was being done properly and she still became pregnant, I would think there was a reason for it. I would think that she should wait on making any rash decisions. I am against abortion, for any reason, but regardless of my views, I've seen people go through it and regret it later. It's not something you can take back.

Maybe there is a reason that this child is supposed to be here, even if she isn't the one that is going to raise it.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 3:29 PM on May. 29, 2011

• sorry, If I was to find myself pregnant now, I would get an abortion. No questions about it
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:39 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I couldn't really afford a child when I got pregnant. Neither ever crossed my mind. Now I have 2 and am financially secure and can buy them everything they need. Aborting or giving up a child based on current financial hardship always seemed to bring to mind that old suicide saying, " a permanent solution to a temporary problem" I never thought I would be poor forever and hopeless. Maybe that's the difference.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 3:43 PM on May. 29, 2011

• If I were in the same situation I would abort. Given my current situation of being single, there would be no question in my mind whether or not to keep the baby. I know there are great single moms out there, and I consider myself to be one. But I would never intentionally bring a child into the world to be raised by a single parent.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:38 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I would say it is her business not mine. I wouldn't have an opinion on someone's body or choice.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 5:29 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Adoption for the simple fact that I'm pro-life and there are too many people that can't have kids and would love to adopt.
    fritobaby04

Answer by fritobaby04 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I believe that would depend on her own personal situation; can she afford an additional child (emotionally and financially)? What are her beliefs regarding adoption or abortion? Some could do one, but not the other and vice versa.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:31 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I would hope that she would choose adoption....all my siblings are adopted and I know how much of a blessing they are to my mother who could only have me
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:31 PM on May. 29, 2011