Do you have a broken heart?

I'm 25 and now a single mother. I was in a realationship with my kids father for 4 1/2 yrs. We broke up a week before I had his son. It's been a lil over a year. I still live with him cause I have no place to go and I am still in love with him. I get even more depressed when he talks about seeing other women. He was my first for everything...... I don't know where to begin and i feel like I am letting my little ones down. I think they sense something is wrong. I miss the old me. The I was when I was happy. I love my kids and they make me happy. I love their father and can't help to want him back in my life. I have noone to talk to. I can use some cheering up for i am in tears.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• You are so young love, you have a whole life ahead of you, you are not doing your kids more harm than good by staying in this relationship, or lack thereof. Make a plan to star all over , this guy does not deserve you, you can find someone who wants you for you and only you. If loving him is making you unhappy classify him as toxic, and get away, others have done this and so can you.

Answer by older at 3:47 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I'm so sorry that has happened to you mama...my very first suggestion is probably going to be the hardest for you to do, but I think that you really need to get out of there, move away from him...how can you possibly get over a person that you are still in love with when you have to see them everyday? I would be depressed too! I think once you get out on your own and away from him it will be easier to see things clearly and concentrate on moving on. Good luck honey.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:48 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Yeah thats the hardest part is leaving. I wanted to get a job and save money to get a place for my babies and me. But nowadays it's hard to get a job. trust me if I had somewhere to go to start over and get away from I would. Thank you for replying and being nice about this. I really appreciate that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:58 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Good luck. just keep your head up and pray. i hope things get better for you and your kids sake!!!
    kristianmommy

Answer by kristianmommy at 4:09 PM on May. 29, 2011

• You need to go out on your own, or you'll NEVER get over him. I can totally understand how hard it is. Do you have family you can stay with? WIll he watch the kids so you can just get out of the house once in a while?
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 5:00 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I understand you're hurt. It's hard letting go sometimes. As soon as you find a job and save some money, you should leave. It will be for the best for you and your kids. If he's already talking about seeing other people then he isn't thinking about mending fences. Sorry, wish you all the best!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 6:08 PM on May. 29, 2011

• The longer you stay with thim the harder it will be to move on. I wish I had a helpful answer.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:33 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Do you have family near by or anywhere that you can go to? never settle when you have options that you might not like for the moment. There are programs for mothers in every state and you need to check them out and move on otherwise if you don't you will be misable for the rest of your life.
    He seems to have moved on with his life so you need to and why would you want a guy who cheats on you and is sleeping with other women.......move on Honey.....move on...
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:34 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I did have a broken heart at one time...

The one thing that someone said to me was that "MY Dreams Still Existed not just with him"

It's clear that your X is not interested...your both under the same roof and he has no interest.

Pick yourself up....Set yourself some goals....And a man who wants you and loves you will be there someday...

We all learn from past relationships....take this one as a learning lesson and move on...

Better yourself and your child..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:29 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Why did you break up? Your decision, his, or mutual? I think it may be too early to consider it a lost cause. It could be that the pregnancy gave him cold feet. If you can show that you are fun to be around, easy to get along with and willing to work around some personality differences, he might reconsider and decide to work it out with you. I wouldn't put your hopes up too high though. A guy that's not willing to work it out with the mother of his child sounds irresponsible to me. You may be better off with someone else but nothing's set in stone. It's good sign that you're still living together and maybe he's leaving it openended until he can see you both getting along better. Concentrate on your and your child's well-being and making yourself strong enough to be on your own no matter what happens. Be the person that attracts him to you. Don't force him, it will only push him farther away. Play it by ear and good luck!
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:12 AM on May. 30, 2011